“Always great”

Gulfstream
Ranked #12 of 511 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Never had a bad meal here. It is our go to place when we want a guaranteed great meal. They have the best tres leches cake in the OC.

There are newer reviews for Gulfstream

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Every time I travel down to Orange County I make it a point to go to Gulfstream. This is one of the Houston's chain of restaurants which include Hillstone, R&D cafe, and the Rutherford grill.

I always order the crab cakes with the cole slaw and shoestring potatoes. The bar is very lively especially on Friday happy hour. The well healed people from Corona Del mar and Newport come to be seen. The outside patio looks like a beach with adirondack chairs and fire pits. A group of locals come and smoke cigars while solving the worlds problems.

Great selection on wine by the glass as well as a perfect martini

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Gulfstream has an outstanding menu with a little something for everyone but don't miss out on the biscuits. Exceptional! We've been going to the Newport Beach location for years and while I can't attest to accommodations in the bar area they are very welcoming in the general dining area. It's a very busy place so plan ahead.

1  Thank Scoop1955
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I always make a point of having two things when I go to California: scallops and crab. Since I live on the mediterranean I am used to great fish, but these are two species that are much better coming from the ocean and Gulfstream offers them both on their menu so I had to pick one, and it was crab (friends present suggested I try them ;)
Prime pulp carefully pressed together and breaded - heavenly! Accompanied by a smooth California chardonnay, excellent service, spacious and fresh ambiance. Sheer Newport Beach style - LOVE!

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is great! We loved the atmosphere of the patio and when we walked inside the main restaurant we saw the beautiful kitchen and dining room. Busy place that's for sure. But I can see why. The food was absolutely delicious. They had deviled eggs as a special for the appetizer, they were delicious! A little expensive at $7 a pop but so yummy. Then I ordered the short ribs, which were very tasty too! Another ordered a Caesar salad topped with corn (interesting but surprisingly tasty), and clam chowder. Both enjoyed their meals. The service was good too! We were seated right away on the patio on a busy night without a reservation. All in all a great experience, but a little pricey.