“Stopped on a whim”

Gulfstream
Ranked #13 of 514 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great restaurant - food, decor, service all top notch.
Sat at the bar - salmon spectacular and great wine suggested by pleasant bartender.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I came with my Mom and Dad the Sunday before Christmas for lunch. We all had the beef short ribs. Also got a side of the biscuits. My Dad does usually not eat french fries but, he ate all that were on his plate. I had only eaten here once before and only had a appetizer. I am happy I returned and tried a full meal. This place is pricey but I think it is nice for a special occasion.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

as usual the Hillstone restaurant (Gulfstream) was amazing, service impeccable, food delish and a great environment...I frequent the Gulfstream in Los angeles, but this one is a much larger version of my favorite restaurant...The Ahi tuna burger is amazing and I love to add he mustard bbq sauce on the side....Best fries, best cole slaw, and best hot fudge sundae which i skipped this time...Portions are plentiful and satifaction is always guaranteed at the Gulfstream, newport beach

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch with family when we were heading to Corona Del Mar to walk on the cliff walk. What a nice place. The vibe was elegant and relaxed. We were there on a Friday afternoon a bit after the normal lunch crowd so were seated prompt. Great food and service.The crab cake salad was out of this world as was the cedar planked salmon. two of the guys ordered the ahi entree and loved it. The trout was better than i've ever tasted before. We would definitely return if we are in the area. The only downside is you have to navigate a heavily congested parking lot to get there.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

one of the few good restaurants in newport beach. It is always busy, but consistently good. The grilled artichoke is amazing and you can't go wrong with the fish. The rice for a side is a must have as well and the lemon meringue pie is a fabulous dessert. Great cocktails and the fish is always fresh and well prepared.