“Had great potential, but the food was not that good.”
Review of Akropolis Restaurant & Coffee - CLOSED

Akropolis Restaurant & Coffee
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Www.akropolisnewportbeach.com
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was great and the waiter was very nice and helpful. The gyro was over cooked and the felafel was dry inside. I wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family and I were walking along Newport Beach. Decided to try and find a place to eat, Stumbled upon Akropolis. We never had a Gyro before, It was delicious! Very glad we stopped in to eat. Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My daughter and her husband took my husband and I to this Greek/Mediterranean Restaurant for Mothers Day. We each ordered a different thing on the menu to share. We LOVE Greek food, (my husband is Greek), and we are very picky. This food is just like home! Not very many people can make tender and tasty souvlaki, gyro plate to die for, shrimp in cream sauce (the favorite on the table), a chunky and flavorful Greek salad and a hummus/appetizer plate that disappeared! I do think my Moussaka is better than theirs, but the rest was worth going back for and we will! The food is fresh, staff very friendly and atmosphere is small, but fun.

1  Thank Leslie G
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wanted a quick, lite meal while visiting Newport Beach. All we ordered were a gyro, chicken soup and eggplant salad. All were absolutely delicious. The lamb in the gyro was well seasoned, so tasty. The tzatziki sauce was super garlicky and yummy. The chicken soup was thick and rich. The salads all come with a little Greek salad on the side. Could have been a meal in itself.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I found this place in trip advisor. My husband and I were staying in the area and thought we try it out. We ordered Greek salad (very colorful and flavorful) light dressing; humus and pita very nice presentation with almost a small Greek salad on the side of the plate the pita bread was very good warm and seemed made fresh; gyro plate came with 2 meats, fries, and another small salad the meat was very flavorful and good for the value! Our entire dinner including 2 beers and tip was only $41! What a great affordable meal we'll defiantly go back!