Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
So Easy to reserve and the staff is so nice!

Throroughly enjoyable. It takes around 15-30 mins to get to ocean but they add that to your hourly... read more

Reviewed August 2, 2020
Aleli C
Aliso Viejo, California
Great time on the water

It's been a hard winter for all of us trapped inside our houses. Taking a Sea Doo out on the... read more

Reviewed May 23, 2020
Janet S

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our first visit was last year. We had only been riding for about an hour when the fog started to come in. Our guide said unfortunately, he had to cut our trip short. They told us to come back anytime for another tour. We didn't get back until the following May and they were happy to provide us with an additional complete tour, not just a partial tour. We had even used a Groupon for the first tour. When we arrived, they were so nice and welcoming. They have lockers for your stuff, and gave us another thorough briefing on the Sea Doo. This time the sun was out and we had a great time blasting down the coast. These are very nice Sea Doo's, with large engines. I've ridden smaller ones at the river that you keep at full throttle the whole trip, but these are a lot more powerful. I hit 50 mph with the wife on the back before it got too choppy. We went all the way to Laguna Beach, then played around down there for awhile before we came back. When we got back, the guide passed the harbor entrance and went North for awhile looking for dolphins. I forget our guides name, but he's the guy with the wild blond hair. He told us to stay behind him, but nobody did and he didn't get mad. He provided a great tour and kept track of the slower riders in the group.

Date of experience: May 2014
2  Thank DennisK921
Reviewed August 22, 2013

If you're thinking of jetskiing or paddle boarding Balboa Water Sports is a NOT TO BE MISSED place. Last year we visited and again this past week. The owner is fantastic and always goes above and beyond in making your time out there special. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this group and already cannot wait to see them on our next trek out to sunny California.

Date of experience: August 2013
3  Thank Kris M
Reviewed August 11, 2013

As jet ski rentals are 125/hour, I jumped on the opportunity to purchase a 2 hour Groupon for $130- a fantastic deal. The staff (Kelly) was very very helpful in getting me in/rescheduling as I travel very frequently.

The two hour rental was actually 2.5 hours as it takes ~15 minutes to taxi out of the harbor. The Sea Doos go REALLY fast and have a brake feature. Our loop consisted of heading out to Laguna Beach area, having 15 minutes of free play there, and heading out to deeper waters (with hopes of seeing sea life) as we arced back in to Newport. Fortunately, we got to see some dolphins and our guide Sky was really chill.

All in all, it was an awesome experience that I would highly recommend.

Date of experience: August 2013
2  Thank SMDoc1
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I rented a jet ski and the people were very courteous and made sure I knew everything I needed to about the jet ski and the area to ensure I was safe on the water. The experience was breathtaking. Highly recommended!!!

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We bought a groupon for paddle-boarding. My mom was very hesitant due to cold water and her balance, however both proved to be non-issues. These boards are SUPER balanced. (You would purposely have to try to fall off one of them). With that being said, it is okay to wear a light jacket while standing on your board. Really only your feet to maybe your knees get wet. You have the option of just renting the boards or going on a guided tour through the island. We choose the guided tour. It was nice to have some history of the island and hear the inside scoop on some of the famous houses we paddled by. It was very relaxing and calm. I would highly recommend it!

Date of experience: May 2013