The views from this resort are breathtaking and the grounds are beautiful. We had a great time. Here's my top ten list of pros and cons:
1. Gorgeous views
2. Great accomodations for a larger family- we could find nothing comparable in this area (ocean view- sleeps our family of 6)
3. Plenty to do for the kids: game room, teen room, ping pong, pools, water volleyball, basketball, playground, kids program etc.
4. New, clean, decorator room interiors. Large master shower and tub.
5.Easy access, light traffic and convenient to freeways for area sightseeing.
1. We requested ocean view and centrally located to lobby/pool etc. due to a family member's mobility issues. We were thankful to receive an ocean view, but because this resort is built into a steep hillside, it was 2 very long flights of stairs to reach the pool/lobby. I was told they could move us to a unit at the lobby level, but it would not have an ocean view. They offered to pick us up by golf cart if needed. We stuck with our ocean view but never used the golf cart service- so I'm not sure how well that would have worked.
2. Check in was a rigid 4pm. When we returned to the desk at 3:56 they made us stand there for 4 minutes until assigning a room. They did this for all guests, so at 4pm there's a huge crowd lined up to check in. Same thing for check out- 10am or else!
3. Views of ocean are wonderful, but with kids and beach gear it was necessary to drive down to Crystal Cove Beach and park, then hike in to the beach. The beach area closest to the hotel requires a long hike down a winding path and then climbing over rocks to get to the actual sandy beach. The beach access a little south allows a driver to drop off family & gear and then park accross the street and hike back. The hotel provides a beach shuttle but it is not very frequent. If they would offer a shuttle every 30 or even 60 minutes, that would have been better.
4. Two nights of our week long stay, we returned late to find there were no parking spaces anywhere near our unit. We were told by the office that we should park up near the main lobby/garage and security would cart us down to our room.
5. Comforatable king size master bed, but flimsy, thin, worn-out sheets that keep coming off the bed.
We rented this unit from a timeshare owner at a significant savings over renting through the hotel directly. I think because we were listed as owners , no one ever bothered us to do the timeshare presentation.
I agree that the foodservice was pretty limited, but we got a tasty quick dinner a couple of nights at the shopping mall up the hill- pizza one night and fresh mexican another night.
All-in-all, this was a great location for a family on an OC vacation!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott's Newport Coast Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Newport Coast Villas Hotel Newport Beach
- Marriotts Newport Beach
- Marriotts Newport Coast Hotel
- Marriott Newport Beach
- Marriotts Newport Coast Villas
- Marriott Newport Coast Villas