Marriott's Newport Coast Villas
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$215
Hotels.com
Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Breakfast included
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$175
$169
  • Pool
Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$239
$229
  • Pool
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$164
  • Restaurant
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$285
$279
$154
$595
$425
  • Pool
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$235
$199
1,996 results
All reviewsfull kitchentime sharecrystal covenewport coasttimeshare presentationmarriott vacation clubbasketball courtocean viewsecond bedroommain poolsales pitchputting greenactivity centerliving roommarriott ownersping pongtop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2006

It couldn't have been a better place to stay. With a family of 5 we were very comfortable with the accomodations. This is a 5 Star facility! The insulation of the units was excellent (didn't ever hear any neighbors), the quality of construction and appointments inside the units was very good as well.

A couple of suggestions that Marriott should take in regards to this property would include: (1) Improve the wireless Internet access.....even with the "booster" that the front desk provides, the access was only intermittent at best with an Apple Powerbook G4, (2) Provide pool wait staff that would service you while at the pool, (3) Give people - at "Check In" - directions to the local grocery stores (i.e. Albertson's, Trader Joe's, Gelson's).

I'd challenge anyone to go to the Four Season's (Dana Point) and find better accomodations. Keep up the great job Marriott - You own this business!

13  Thank Dan W
Reviewed March 9, 2006

I stayed at the resort for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday with my husband. When we arrived, the front desk clerk was very attentive(Aaron. Our original assigned room did not have an ocean view, which Aaron quickly changed. The rooms are beautiful, big, and the view was amazing. I may consider buying a timeshare with this resort.

• Stayed: March 2006
14  Thank Flipmode32530
Reviewed February 16, 2006

Marriott’s Newport Coast Villas
Who are we? My wife and I celebrated our 30+ anniversary (allowing a ten year time frame helps keep you right!) while we were at the Villas on Vacation. I am sixty one (also celebrated that milestone on this vacation.); my wife is five years younger. We are time share owners, since 1997, in Florida, Westgate Vacation Villas. We exchanged one of our weeks for Marriott’s Newport Coast Villas. We were on our first California visit. We were on holidays in California from January 26 to our return to Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Valentines Day February 14th. We arrived home to -40 degree temperature. (It is the same temperature in C. or F.) . We often travel with another couple but this time we were just the two of us. Unforeseen circumstances prevented another couple from joining us.
On this Vacation we also stayed at timeshares, in Palm Springs “Marriott’s Desert Springs II” and a couple of nights in “Sunterra’s Palm Springs Marquis Villas Resort”. We stayed one night at Old Town Inn in San Diego, Hotel Hermosa in Catalina, and Desert Springs Inn in Palm Springs. I plan to write up on these as well. We followed Trip Advisor for the last three hotels mentioned and found the reports to be very accurate when one considered the consistent comments.
This resort is best described by all the positive comments that have been reported previously. This is a time share property and you don’t have daily maid service, unless you are willing to pay for it. You do have a washer and dryer in the unit and a dishwasher. We don’t have daily maid service at home and find this situation fine for us!
You also have a fully equipped kitchen and B.Q. handy to all buildings. We enjoy cooking and then enjoy the lovely units for dining. This was particularly nice as we had an ocean view room. The balcony was great to relax and watch the setting Sun, as it went down into the ocean over Catalina Island. This lovely view was enjoyed while having a B.Q. steak diner with wine. You could have a little more wine, as it wasn’t costing you as much as a restaurant and you don’t have to drive home! (We find that you can spend as much for food, as for motels, if you are four people and eating at restaurants. We find restaurants nice a couple of time a week, the rest of the time we eat at the timeshare. We don’t eat at restaurants often while at home and so this suits us fine! We also feel we can afford to be away for twice as long, by doing our own cooking, so it seems like a fair trade off!
The grounds are as described previously, lovely during the day and in the evening! The view of the ocean from the main pool area, as previously mentioned, is great. These views may be obscured by fog, from time to time, but I don’t think I should blame Marriott’s for that!
The resort is close to so many beaches and areas that we only had a sample of a few in the week and could have spent a month with out running out of things to do, and enjoying the resort. “Life has so many things to see and do, so little time!”
We found the staff most helpful and pleasant.
The one small thing that bothers me is that they have a central computer for quest use that they charge for, $3.00 Minim @ 0.35 per Min. We went to the library and of course got the use for free. (Did I mention that I am frugal?) Most hotels that offer this, offer it as a service to guests. A Super 8 in our area offers one in each room.
We had a wonderful stay! We would recommend it to our friends!
On the whole “Time Share Question”: There previously has been a review of the cost and I agree with the arguments put forth that it is very difficult to justify a purchase of $28,000.00 and $1000.00 year maintenance. So why do I have a timeshare? I bought mine on the after market, from a private person. They had paid 17,500U.S.D. in 1992, I paid them $5,500 Can. in 1997. (At the time about $3,800 USD) This is a Deeded, two bedroom, plus a loft, sleeps ten (six in comfort) in a five star, red week close to Disney World. My taxes and maintenance, 2006, is about $660.00 USD plus II membership etc. = cost for a traded week about $900.00 USD. I got to stay in a Marriott’s that sleeps 2 couples, in comfort, for under a thousand dollars, US, a week. The added benefit is the “Getaways” from II that usually are under $700.00 USD week. The best deal is for you to know some one with a time share that will let you use the Getaways. It doesn’t cost them anything extra to let you use them. (I may not be so generous with my friends if it cost me $28000.00 USD $30,000+Cdn.) These as traded weeks require some work, advance planning and flexibility, to get what you want.
I am not an expert, but, I would say that for most people getting every second week on a deeded, red week, on the after market, bought privately, is what may work. This way you will only have to pay maintenance, taxes every second year but you can take advantage of the Getaways.

Stayed: February 2006
16  Thank tar
Reviewed February 3, 2006

Great resort. Beautiful villas. Nice pool. Easy commute to central stuff.

Disappointed that no restaurant for evening; however, many of options at nearby mall.

Would recommend wholeheartedly.

Stayed: January 2006
8  Thank toipoole
Reviewed January 25, 2006

This really is the best choice in the area if you need more than a single bedroom for your family. We did not spend all that much time on the property so can't comment on the activities, etc. but the grounds, facilities and location are all great. Housekeeping was fine; our only issue was they came at odd times and refused to come back later if we asked. Having the kitchen and laundry facilities is great, and the property is very close to an upscale shopping center with fine groceries, etc. Proximity to the beach and state park is great. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2005