“Your house in Newport”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Your house in Newport”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I came with my family for trip to south Califa and decided for Newport Beach as our base.

Hotel complex is excellent. Pool, jacuzzi, mini golf, playground, green everywhere.

Apartment was pretty comfortable also. We had a two bedroom, with jacuzzi, great and well equipped kitchen, balcony and main room with sofa. 6 persons could fit easily.

Hotel has a mini market where you can buy whatever you need during your stay. It serves light meals as well as Pizza Hut and Starbucks. There is a restaurant by the pool also.

I got an apartment that I could step in and out without passing by main building. I felt like having my own apartment in Newport. Exactly what I was looking for.

Staff great but not exceptional. The floor of main bathroom needed some minor maintenance. These are the reasons why I have not rated as five stars above.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joaopla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here last weekend for a wedding. It is enormous, and beautifully taken care of. There are 2 bedrooms, a living room, full kitchen with granite and stainless appliances, a dining area, and balcony in every suite. Plus 2 bathrooms, one for each bedroom. Being a fitness buff, I was impressed with the gym, with many cardio machines with personal TVs, fresh ice water, towel service, and free headsets you keep. This place is gigantic, so if you are looking for quaint, this ain't it. There were not really any restaurants on the property, and to get to one required a drive. Nothing is in walking distance, except the beach, which is across the street (Pacific Coast Highway). The pools were all very clean and beautiful, and there is ping pong, air hockey, an arcade, and teen lounge for younger folk. Also, be warned, there are lots of kids and families around the pool, so not romantic if that's what you are looking for.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor. Our last day, we had a family with an overactive kid above us who ran bac...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank hikingchickie
phoenix, AZ
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We wer just there when the weather was unseasonably Beautiful. The villas are done nicely, not great, but surely functional. We thought the floor plan was excellent. Two bedrooms, separated by the living room dining room so that no one was close to you. Each had its own bathroom. It actually could sleep 6 to eight because of the pullouts. We booked it through their guest reservation, but someone told me you can also book it through VRBO.com and that would save you money. if you planned to eat in the villa, it was fully stocked with everything you need to make a meal. What we didn't like is they did not have a restaurant, just a place that opened at 11 at the pool. We also thought the furniture was dated and the towels were downright cheap and flimsy. But the location was oh so beautiful! Pools, courts, basketball, things for kids. We definitely would go back with our grandchildren next time. It was wonderful!

Room Tip: We very much liked 2226, no trees blocking your view and building 4100 or 4400.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jtimbo
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've been an owner since 2006. The service has improved greatly since my last visit here a few years ago. Ocean views, walks on the beach, fantastic gyms , clean pools. We've BBQ'd every date on the grill outside our villa. Close proximity to shopping, restaurants, movie theaters and more. Love this place! And the showers are clean!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank AnneMThomas1
Woodland, California
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our week at this hotel. It's a great place for bigger families. It's close to the beach, shopping and not too far from Disneyland. The swimming pools are nice with beautiful views of the ocean.

• Stayed April 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have written more than one review of this property but it is consistently lovely. The one thing I have not commented on in the past is the staff. Because this is more of a "Vacation Villa" and I come for work, I have little interaction with the staff other than checking in and out but this last trip, my colleagues and I arrived slightly after they had closed the gift shop and my assistant was in need of amenities. Solomon was extremely sweet and helped us out even though they had already locked the doors.

For play or for work this is an amazing property. I have only stayed in two bedroom suites which is basically like a 2 BR apartment including a king room with both a HUGE bathtub and separate shower, a queen bedroom with a pull out sofa in both that room and in the living room. I think it could sleep up to 8 for a family but for three work colleagues traveling together, it works well. The pullout in the living room actually has a great mattress. There are no restaurants on the property but they have FULL size kitchens and even a washer/dryer.

Every time we check in, we look at the fun list of activities and if I was looking for a fun destination for a family trip .... this would absolutely be a top contender.

Room Tip: Only comment is to try for the top floor IF possible. Just like apartment living ... this is one of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KoziakProductions
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

MVC Newport Coast Villas is a great place for a weekend get away. The Villas can sleep up to 8 people. The full kitchen is nice and roomy.

This was our first time staying in Newport. I was excited to explore the town a bit. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with all the traffic. We drove to the beach and fun zone. It took us about 35 minutes to get to. The beach was nice however it was fairly steep and narrow. I would rather hang out on Huntington Beach. The fun zone was a bit of let down as well.

Check out Crystal Cove. My kids loved the tide pools. We would definitely go explore that area again.

The resort is pretty amazing. Tons of things for the kids to do. We even rented movies in the marketplace. We were also pleasantly surprised to find a Starbucks and Pizza Hut inside. Made for a quick dinner after hanging out at the pool.

I really enjoyed the gas BBQ's as well. They are tucked away a bit. Seemed a bit odd to be cooking on the side of a building next to the utilities. Overall they were clean and worked great.

I will definitely recommend this resort to my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013
Island Hotel Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
#2 of 17 in Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
#8 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Marriott's Newport Coast Villas? Share your experiences!