“Great place to spend a week”

Marriott's Newport Coast Villas
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've been an owner since 2006. The service has improved greatly since my last visit here a few years ago. Ocean views, walks on the beach, fantastic gyms , clean pools. We've BBQ'd every date on the grill outside our villa. Close proximity to shopping, restaurants, movie theaters and more. Love this place! And the showers are clean!

1  Thank AnneMThomas1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,953)

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our week at this hotel. It's a great place for bigger families. It's close to the beach, shopping and not too far from Disneyland. The swimming pools are nice with beautiful views of the ocean.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have written more than one review of this property but it is consistently lovely. The one thing I have not commented on in the past is the staff. Because this is more of a "Vacation Villa" and I come for work, I have little interaction with the staff other than checking in and out but this last trip, my colleagues and I arrived slightly after they had closed the gift shop and my assistant was in need of amenities. Solomon was extremely sweet and helped us out even though they had already locked the doors.

For play or for work this is an amazing property. I have only stayed in two bedroom suites which is basically like a 2 BR apartment including a king room with both a HUGE bathtub and separate shower, a queen bedroom with a pull out sofa in both that room and in the living room. I think it could sleep up to 8 for a family but for three work colleagues traveling together, it works well. The pullout in the living room actually has a great mattress. There are no restaurants on the property but they have FULL size kitchens and even a washer/dryer.

Every time we check in, we look at the fun list of activities and if I was looking for a fun destination for a family trip .... this would absolutely be a top contender.

Room Tip: Only comment is to try for the top floor IF possible. Just like apartment living ... this is one of...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KoziakProductions
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

MVC Newport Coast Villas is a great place for a weekend get away. The Villas can sleep up to 8 people. The full kitchen is nice and roomy.

This was our first time staying in Newport. I was excited to explore the town a bit. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with all the traffic. We drove to the beach and fun zone. It took us about 35 minutes to get to. The beach was nice however it was fairly steep and narrow. I would rather hang out on Huntington Beach. The fun zone was a bit of let down as well.

Check out Crystal Cove. My kids loved the tide pools. We would definitely go explore that area again.

The resort is pretty amazing. Tons of things for the kids to do. We even rented movies in the marketplace. We were also pleasantly surprised to find a Starbucks and Pizza Hut inside. Made for a quick dinner after hanging out at the pool.

I really enjoyed the gas BBQ's as well. They are tucked away a bit. Seemed a bit odd to be cooking on the side of a building next to the utilities. Overall they were clean and worked great.

I will definitely recommend this resort to my friends and family.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The moment you walk into the lobby, the views take your breathe away. Everyone is very friendly and willing to assist here. Chris a manager at the reservation desk was very nice! Our villa was considered a partial ocean view but we have a very panoramic view of the ocean. We are in the 3000 building but since we have never stayed here before we really don't have anything to compare it to. The villa unit is so spacious! Everything you might need in a kitchen is there included leftover containers! Our balcony is very nice and have a round table to 4 cushioned chairs. We ate breakfast out here each morning. Also the location of this property is perfect.....just a few minutes from either Laguna or Huntington beach. I would highly recommend this property.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The villas are spaced upon beautifully manicured gardens and the pool area is beautiful. They are gorgeous buildings and overlook the coast. Poolside you can play large chess, bag toss, ping pong, pool, and eat at the cafe. Each unit is well furnished and clean. Try to get a room with an ocean view close to the pool.

1  Thank SweetPeaVentura_CA
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I wish there were saran-wrap and extra plastic bags and some small essentials in the kitchen. Love the bathtub/ showers in our suite. Spacious living/dining room. Overall great experience. Cool pools and BBQ

• Stayed: April 2013
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
#8 of 18 in Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Marriott's Newport Coast Villas? Share your experiences!