Marriott's Newport Coast Villas
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$185
$152
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$184
$169
  • Pool
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Restaurant
Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$142
$136
  • Breakfast included
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$287
$259
$595
$425
Travelocity
  • Pool
Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$263
$219
Orbitz.com
1,997 results
All reviewsfull kitchentime sharecrystal covenewport coasttimeshare presentationmarriott vacation clubbasketball courtocean viewsecond bedroommain poolsales pitchputting greenactivity centerliving roommarriott ownersping pongtop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Tis was a great hotel for the family. They had fun pools, fun park for the kids to play basketball, mini golf, or roast marshmallows, and great rooms. We loved having the kids in their own bedroom and having a kitchen to do a little cooking. The view from the hotel was fantastic. The only downside is that you have to drive to everything: food, beach, shopping. There is a shuttle service, but we never used it so I can't say how well it worked. The beach we went to most was balboa island. But the beach across the greet from the marriot is pretty nice too.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Ok - I am a Marriott snob -- I am part of their point system and destination club -- every experience I have had at Marriott I comment to my wife -- the bed was awesome -- that applies to courtyard and Farfield as well. Sorry, not here!! Everything else was very good -- service etc.. But the bed was not comfortable and the pillows were not like other Marriott's. (Marriott -- wake up call -- no pun intended)

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I scheduled this getaway with multiple things in mind...me relaxing at the pool, getting together with a great friend and getting my guys and their girlfriends for a family get-together as well. The Newport Villas allow you this type of gathering, with the two bedroom villa and resort grounds. I couldn't have been happier--it was the perfect long weekend! I am a timeshare owner there and enjoy my timeshare week but also recommend using the facility if you are not--and prices during off season are amazing, considering the amenities you get! The full kitchen alone saves on eating out and there are multiple areas for outdoor grilling as well... I know the grounds and ask for the best ocean views...if that is important to you familiarize yourself with the building locations and Newport is more than willing to accommodate with you as much as possible...they have been awesome with this!
The place is total Zen for me and I am booked in second week in June and cannot wait!

Room Tip: Familiarize yourself with the grounds if ocean view is important. Otherwise--don't worry, just walking around and visiting the pool will allow you a taste of the facility .
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank iluvthecoast
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Checked in Wednesday 10th for 7 nights. Unit was ready early, even though we were well ahead of normal "check-in" time of 3, I think. A pretty, Spanish-inspired architectural look that is easy on the eyes, the development is large and easy to find your way - once you've had some time to get used to it. If they were trying to sell me a time share, you would think they would have placed us in a higher location with a view of the ocean, especially since we came during the middle of the week and not many customers seem to be around. They didn't, but then I'm not here to buy. Would've still liked a better view than trees and golf course. Unit is very nice and spacious, well equipped, and easy to find. Can't think of a thing negative and probably won't for the next 5 nights. Highly recommended, thus far.

Room Tip: our unit is 1420
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WildWilliam
Reviewed April 10, 2013

First understand this is a Marriott Vacations property, so they are set up for families with full kitchen and dining room amenities. The suites are well-appointed and luxurious enough for most tastes. The living room and both bedrooms include high quality flat screen televisions, but the real views are from the balcony and master bedroom windows. The ocean and surrounding hillsides make for amazing views of the California coastline and Catalina Island. I actually booked online via a special promotion for Elite Marriott Rewards members. Although this was a business trip, the rate was lower than surrounding Marriott hotels and the amazing location and "at home" kitchen amenities were a welcome change from the standard hotel experience. My favorite amenities were being able to work from my balcony while enjoying amazing views and the in room kitchen where I could cook my own healthier meals. A bonus was the in-room laundry equipment! The property is well maintained and beautiful and the location is amazing. I was able to squeeze in a round of golf across the street at Pelican Hill (see my review of that amazing course) and was minutes away from Laguna Beach (south) and Corona Del Mar (north)...both gorgeous Oceanside communities where restaurants and art galleries abound...oh, and the beaches! Simply gorgeous. The resort provides simple, family friendly food and Starbucks. On the practical side there is a Trader Joe's grocery minutes away to stock your kitchen and wine rack, and plenty of shopping if you forgot your bathing suit. The location is also convenient being close enough to expressways and toll roads and a few minutes from Pacific Coast Hwy. There are plenty of super high-end resorts in the area, but for families or the homesick road warrior, this property offered tremendous a value and excellent amenities. I would definitely bring my family back for vacation or book here again should I have an extended stay in the area. Oh, if you have a large family the rooms offer two full bedrooms and a full and single sofa beds!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean facing room if available...a must.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business