Hornblower Cruises & Events
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Went on this dinner cruise with the family. Had a great time. One of the entrees was salmon. Half of our family doesn't eat fish. When making reservations they didn't offer us another choice. Luckily they had some extra chicken. Just make sure when making reservations if they don't ask, tell them you want the chicken if you are not a seafood fan. The second entree, short ribs, was really good. The service was awesome. The DJ played a variety of music. Very nice night. Expensive but worth it.

2  Thank Tammy W
in 5 reviews
in 5 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Our family took a dinner cruise on the beautiful "Wild Goose"- the historic yacht owned by the late actor John "The Duke" Wayne. The evening couldn't have been more lovely. As you board this vessel you are greeted by a very friendly crew that makes you feel right at home and welcomes you with a glass of champagne. Permission is then granted to poke your heads into nearly every nook and cranny and you are off to a real treat. The yacht is kept in pristine condition and provides a glimpse into the life of a movie icon and the joy he found at sea. Exploring staterooms and lounging areas sets the mood for a relaxing and romantic evening.
We departed at sunset and located our table. Our servers were very sweet and attentive and seemed to really enjoy their jobs-we experienced first class service and excellent food! The four course meal was absolutely delicious, beautifully presented...and the dessert, well, how do you beat flourless chocolate torte? The bar was well equipped and the wine list was very good. After our meal we walked around the deck and peeked in the steering house. The captain was very friendly and enjoyed sharing his knowledge of the "Goose" and her active duty period in WWII. John Wayne's photos are prominently displayed in most areas of the ship and you can feel his presence. My father (83 years young) is a huge "Duke" fan and was in heaven as he discovered more about the life of his favorite actor. Dancing took place on the lower deck and the DJ was so much fun! He has an extensive playlist which covers most everyone's taste-- making this part of the evening feel very personal. Our 3 hour cruise was over way before we were ready to finish and left us with wonderful memories. We have plans for future family gatherings-anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, maybe just a nice unique dinner!! Many thanks to the awesome captain and crew of the Wild Goose, they really know how to give you an outstanding experience. Also, be sure to get the photo taken of your group as you board....it is a lovely keepsake!

4  Thank Debra T
Reviewed July 22, 2014

From the minute my relatives and I boarded this cruise yacht we were treated like none other than royalty. I had this as a surprise on my visit back to my home town of Huntington Beach, CA for my aunt and 2 cousins. They were over the moon and the crew onboard was nothing shy of awesome making sure we wanted for nothing. The food was incredible, presentation was beautiful, and the day could not of been more perfect for a lovely harbor brunch buffet cruise.
I would like to add that for the money its well worth getting the added package to include your own personal photo as you board the yacht, table beautifully decorated for your party, and your own personal bottle of Champagne to take home with you. I will definitely be returning when I go on another visit back home to California. Thank you again for the wonderful experience back on July 6, 2014.

2  Thank Cecebrat65
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and had to make reservations way a head of time.Because they do not take this one boat all the time.
We got on the boat they do the pictures before you get on.
Once we got on it is a rolling museum.You go down the ramp go up the first flight of stairs,and then
you went inside and had to go back outside to get around to the other side but as you walked around
you passed by the children's bedroom with wood bunk beds there a dresser like western antique furniture. The room next to it was big bed, dresser lamp bathroom same kind of furniture western antique but for adults.
Then we walked another flight upstairs to the desk where they get your name, they hand you a glass of champaign or apple cider,take you to the table ours was number was #3 all around the boat they have windows so you can see the whole view.
They had a bar that is beautiful wood and all carved.We got to the table They had a champaighn bottle and two glasses.It is for my 70th birthday which is may 28th.
After the captain did his thing explaining all the rules and regulations.We went to eat you had to walk a round one side where they set up at, had salads.hot foods,meats anything you wanted to eat.It just happens the desserts were on my right side of my table where I can see it perfectly bad spot for me.The food was great the waitress and waiters were right there and worked as a
team.They were always coming around to check on you.
Then went down stairs the bathroom you walked to the back of the boat there is an an awning over that end and chairs around to sit and relax,on left hand is where you will see a big round card table of old wood.then next to it is a big desk and couch and chairs all leather.A lot of paintings and and carvings around.And there were a lot of book cases filled with books.You walked into the restrooms they all have gold goose heads for hot and col water.The bed room down there had dark wood you a big vanity some what for a woman?
Then we walked around to the front of the boat and the captain would give you the tour of all the movie stars homes where they lived, which we had seen before.I was up where the captain was got a picture steering the boat.A few of the people remembered us from the previous cruises.
We went back up stairs there was another a bathroom and a bedroom.More paintings.
Every where you went on this boat you can picture the Duke walking on these decks.
Because it is the Wild Goose John Wayne's boat.It belongs to the Hornblower cruises

2  Thank joni l