“Awesome Business Client Event”
Review of Jetpack America

Jetpack America
More attraction details
Owner description: Want to fly a jetpack? Jetpack America can teach you how! In a matter of minutes, our Certified Flight Instructors will have you flying the amazing Jetlev water-propelled jetpack. It's safe, easy and fun! Pilots 16 and over can fly solo and our ALL-NEW Tandem Jetpack allows co-pilots as young as 5 to strap in with an instructor to experience the wonders of jet pack flight! If you're looking for your next extreme, adrenaline-pumping adventure, look no further than Jetpack America. Be one of the first people in the world to experience this one-of-a-kind watersport, which combines the best aspects jet skiing, parasailing, scuba diving, surfing, paddleboarding, helicopter flying and even skydiving. Flight Experience Sessions consist of safety video, equipment overview, and 15-60 minutes of flight time (depending on package), with the majority of first-time pilots up and flying within the first 5 minutes. High-Definition video packages, returning pilot discounts and monthly membership programs also available. Jetpacks are now a reality, so Stop Dreaming and Start Flying!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Laguna Niguel, California
“Awesome Business Client Event”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I decided to provide an "experience" for my clients instead of just taking them golfing at a nice course. I used Jetlev's services for four hours. My clients (who are entertained a lot) absolutely loved it. We each got two runs in. On the second run, we were able to do our own throttle and started doing more advanced maneuvers. I was able t actually land on the back of a moving jet ski and fly higher. I look forward to coming back and learning more advanced tricks. Top notch service. I would recommend this for all ages, ability levels, etc. Any one can do this!

Visited August 2012

Chicago, Illinois
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 401 helpful votes
“A high-flying experience that was a letdown.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was definitely a one-of-a-kind experience. Learning to fly was pretty straightforward, and I figured it out right away. It is actually really safe. I had pretty much mastered all their tricks (running man, dolphin, etc.) in the first 10 minutes. Honestly, I really wanted this to be a phenomenal adrenaline-pumping experience, but it just wasn't. They control your throttle (height) and it's limited to ~15 feet. After a while, it just got a little boring. I was doing the same things again and again. I wish I could have gone higher, done other tricks, or controlled my own throttle. I also wish the headset was a 2 way radio, so I could talk to the instructor.

The intro flight experience ($159 weekday/ $199 weekend) consists of a safety video, walking to the pick-up site, a short jet ski ride to the pontoon, further instruction, jumping into the water with the jetpack, and then flying. The best part was that I was able to get some really awesome pictures.

I would recommend this to a friend only if he found a good deal on groupon.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank krawner
JetlevSouthwest, Manager at Jetpack America, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hey krawner, thanks for the feedback! We're sorry that your first flight experience wasn't as awesome as you'd hoped it would be.

Obviously safety is our number one priority, which is why our instructor maintains the throttle control for your first flight. If you decide to come back for any follow-up flight time, you'll get your own throttle control, which gives you a lot more freedom.

We're also working on a two-way communication system, but one issue we've had is with the jet noise overpowering the pilot's voice, so it still needs some refinement.

Returning pilots can get into maneuvers like 30-foot hovers, jet ski landings and take-offs, high speed donut turns, and corkscrews. If you decide to venture back for another flight, we'll make sure you get your adrenaline fill!

Thanks again for the review! We're always striving to improve the Jetlev Flight Experience, so this is very helpful for us.
Houston, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“"A unique flight experience"”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The JetLev is an amazing experience for the truly adventurous. The staff at JetLev Southwest are a lot of fun to hang out with, and make the learning experience very easy. At first, it seems difficult, but they will have you up and flying after a few trial-and-error "spashes". Once you are airborne, it is a most incredible sensation. A flight video package is available, and a wetsuit is provided to prevent hypothermia -- the water and breeze can affect some people. Perhaps the best thing about the experience is seeing people on passing tour boats and the harbor area watching you as you fly above the water looking on in amazement. After my flight came to a surprise "splash-crash" finale and I was walking up the beachhead, more than a dozen people were cheering and commenting on how much fun it was.

Visited July 2012
JetlevSouthwest, Owner at Jetpack America, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Texas Blues Crusher, thanks for coming out! We're glad you had a BLAST! We're constantly striving to make the experience even better, so by the time you come back, it'll be even that much more fun! And, don't forget, with your second flight, you get to take over your own throttle control, which takes things to a completely different level.

See you in the sky!!!
San Francisco, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Be a Rocket Man”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

What a thrill! This contraption is right out of the Jetson’s and a whole lot of fun. It does take some mechanical ability to “fly” but I’m told that most people figure it out in 10 minutes or so. (I used to be a pilot so maneuvering around was fairly easy for me.) The staff is super friendly and very helpful. For your first flight, you will not have throttle control (all the better) but you will have complete directional control. An instructor controls the throttle and is constantly talking to you (one-way communication only) via a headset in the helmet. He walks you through each step in the process and guides you throughout your flight. One cool experience was using the JetLev underwater (briefly) like a dolphin diving and then coming to the surface. The company posts videos of customers on YouTube so you can get a better sense of the experience before hand. For those of you who are thrill seekers, or know someone who is, this is definitely worth the trip to Newport Beach.

Visited July 2012
ALP1991 - Thanks for coming out and thanks for the great write-up! We still have a few tricks up our sleeve, so we hope to see you again soon. We'll teach you to control your own throttle, which completes the experience, but we'll also get into some of the more advanced maneuvers, such as high hovers, donut turns, no-handed flying, etc. And if you want to get really advanced, we can start you working on barrel-rolls, backward flying, and high-speed runs.

See you in the sky!!
“One word awesome”
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

This was so much fun. You won't have a better time and the staff is awesome and helps you every way possible. Well worth the money a must do if by Newport beach!!