“Hopping”
Review of Pizzeria Mozza

Pizzeria Mozza
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizzeria Mozza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dover
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This restaurant is lively and hopping. It's usually pretty full so reservations are recommended along with valet parking 'cause street parking is limited. The pizza is good - thin crust. I found both locations - the original in L.A. as well as Newport Beach - to be consistent.

All in all we've been to Pizzeria Mozza in L.A. for dinner and Newport Beach for lunch and dinner and had a good experience all three times.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was our second trip to Pizzeria Mozza, and our service was so super slow that I thought we may have to stay the night! My favorites are the panne bianco and the caprese salad appetizers. The pizzas are all decent, but it should not take two hours to eat on a week night. If you go for dinner, make sure you know ahead of time that you will be there for a long time.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

The food was excelent, the only thing better than the LA restaurant, is that this local is newer and bigger. The atmosphere is great. The meatlover pizza and the dolci are out of this world. Service is very good.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Repeat visit!! This was so good and so much fun the first time we had to go back!! Note-you need a reservation!! It is still crowded, noisy and fun! Valet parking is a must. Service-we had a great server. Drinks-craft beer and wine were great--suggestions by server were perfect! Last time we had the burrata which was good, but probably too much if you also wanted salad. I had the cypress salad--dee-licious!! Also ordered the garlic bread to go with it and my husband's tricolore Caesar. The fennel sausage on any pizza is a must!! We shared a butterscotch dessert which was fabulous-as was the coffee!!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

While sitting in a conference and surfing the 'net (like so many other attendees), I came across the fact that this chef just had won the James Beard Award as the Chef of the Year (Nancy Silverton). So, I figured a trip to this spot would be worth the time. And, it was. Problem was, I ordered (by myself) a bunch of dishes, and ate them all! Each one was so delish, from their signature salad to the meatballs in killer sauce to the squash blossoms to the pizza.....yes, I ate them all.....but saved most of the salad for my plane ride back to the east coast.

My only regret was that I was driving to LAX, and could not enjoy any of the wines with my lunch. They had a wonderful list of wines....but, a local told me that they had "Mexican Coke" (made with sugar, not corn syrup), so I guess my beverage was also not average.

Nice, expensive (for a pizza place) and beautiful room and crowd. Worth the trip, probably best with a bunch of friends to sample all of the wonderful flavors. I would go again....my measure of a good place.