“Great Pizza, but can't order for pick up!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizzeria Mozza

Pizzeria Mozza
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizzeria Mozza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 501 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dover
Vancouver
“Great Pizza, but can't order for pick up!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We came here with 2 kids on a Thursday night, restaurant is very busy make sure to make a reservation. Pizza is very good so would definitely recommend that. We also ordered the meatballs for our kids to share as an appetizer. The meatballs are good, but the server did not tell us they were spicy so the kids did not like them. Overall staff and service was very good. We stayed in Newport for one week so on the last night, we tried to order pizza for pick up, but that option was not available. Too bad.

• Visited August 2013

Newport Beach, California
“Grossly Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Having just been to Naples, let me tell you that this place doesn't hold a candle to the real thing. Setting that aside, the overarching theme is one of fleecing the tourists for every dime. We are talking a Tony Soprano style shakedown. For example, I ask the waitress for suggestions on the appetizers. She tells me you gotta get the fried squash blossoms ($12). So I figure why not, she said they were a must. A few minutes later they bring a cocktali napkin with three greasy (and small) fried globs. I figured it had to be some sort of amuse bouche. Hell no, that was my $12 worth. What an outrageous ripoff. Now I am happy to pay for small portions if you are getting some sort of gourmet treat. But these things were something I would expect from Coco's. Very mediocre and over the top overpriced. So we also order the mussels (another $12). I counted them, we got exactly twelve mussels for the 12 bucks. We are talking a dollar a piece! But they were utterly mediocre as well. Thanks for the financial rape Mozza, you fooled me once, you won't fool me twice. Do yourself a favor: skip this tourist trap

2 Thank Jonathan H
Newport Beach, California
“If you can't eat in Italy, eat here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

There is a difference when the ricotta and mozzarella are home-made, the caprese salad includes slightly roasted hand selected tomatoes and the prosciutto melts in your mouth. The squash blossoms are outstanding as well. Though there are always specials, the pizza transports you to a place you never imagined you would be. Have the white pizza or add some of the fresh fennel sausage. Do not leave without sharing the budino - the smoothest, salted carmel pudding ever.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very disappointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The food was ok, not great. The pizza had hardly any cheese on it at all - I've had pizza in Naples/Amalfi Coast of Italy, and it didn't even come close! Worst part was the service, absolutely deplorable! The waiter came over to our table and said, "Are you ready to order?" no greeting, nothing. After food was delivered he didn't come by to ask if everything was ok and when I got the bill it was wrong. A different server handed me the bill and I walked up to him to point out that I was grossly undercharged. For the horrible service and just ok food, I could have just signed and left. You would think he would say, "Wow, thanks for bringing this to my attention to fix", but instead I got, "Here you go, it's fixed." I'll be back in that area again soon and will NOT be going there to eat!

2 Thank liketotravel3005
“ANOTHER BATALI RESTAURANT HIGHLY OVER RATED.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went to Pizzeria Mozza thinking we were going to enjoy a moderately priced, good pizza and salad. With all the hype, the restaurant was very busy and noisy which indicates popularity. The staff was very friendly and helpful. However, for pizza, salad and a few mixed drinks, the prices were WAY OVER THE TOP. NOISE, OVER THE TOP. FOOD OK, BUT RIDICULOUS AND DOWN RIGHT DUMB FOR PIZZA AND A PILE OF ARUGULA.

• Visited July 2013