“Very good value hotel, would stay here again”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very good value hotel, would stay here again”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Receptionist Yesenia very friendly & told me of the locality. Very good value hotel compared to other hotels close to OC airport. Room with cooker,fridge, microwave, table &chairs. No shuttle - Taxi estimate to airport $8. If you prefer the exercise you can walk to airport terminal under 20 minutes. No computer to print off boarding pass. Hotel close to shops & sports bar. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you found our staff, especially Yesenia, to be helpful during your visit. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our location and your fully equipped kitchen. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Orange County, California
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Good extended rate for a location close to airport and businesses, but it's rather run-down too. The bedding is horrible. The sheets had holes in them (multiple sets over a month's time). The blanket had burn marks and holes (in non-smoking room), and it was thin, flimsy, and slippery. By morning you generally feel like you've spent th he night in a plastic bag. There is no privacy curtain, so your choice is complete blackout or complete exposure. The carpet needs cleaning or replacing (as of March 2014). But again, it's still a good rate and location for a place with a kitchen and laundry.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, your fully equipped kitchen and our laundry facilities. Still, I apologize that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review your comments and to ensure that these issues do not continue in the future. Once again, thank you for posting your comments. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The staff here is really friendly and professional. Maurice was a great help during my stay. The price is good when you compare it to other hotels in this nice area. I would highly recommend it to anyone planning to stay in southern orange county

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Jose - Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay. I truly appreciate the kind words about our staff, especially Maurice. Also, we are very pleased that our great value met your needs. Thanks again for the feedback. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Irvine, California
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I feel the rates were a bit high for what you get. Overall, I felt safe, along with my car in the parking lot overnight. Fairly clean, service was not above and beyond, and the fire alarm pulled twice by an unattended child was disruptive to say the least. I felt sorry for the tax dollars that were spent on the visit from the fire department.

• Stayed January 2014
Monica – I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. Guest safety is a top priority of ours, so I am glad to hear that you felt safe during your stay with us. Still, I apologize that you were disrupted by the fire alarm twice during your visit. As well, I am sorry that our staff did not fully meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here on business for close to 2 months, at $60 per day. Convenient location...close to my office and the Carls Junior, just next door. Average room with thin wall...could hear the conservations in the next room. Old linen but comfortable bed. The tap in the shower was defective and the hair dryer conked off two days before I checked out and didn't get fixed. The weekly housekeeping was missed a couple of times and was done the next day after I informed the front desk staff, every time. Wi-Fi strength was average. How about having an Orange or Apple Juice and some breakfast cereals at the Grab and Go breakfast menu?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to learn that you enjoyed our great value and convenient location. Still, I am sorry to hear that our normal cleaning procedures and maintenance policies were not upheld during your stay. I am working with our staff to improve these issues and make sure it does not affect our future guests. Your feedback about our free grab-and-go breakfast will help us continually improve our hotel.

Once again, thanks for the feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in our area.
Camarillo, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was looking for a Hotel in Newport Beach that offers at least a Microwave+Fridge. Got this deal through Hotwire for $55 a night, including a kitchenette.
Great location, pretty quiet. I had a nice corner room. Nice interior, Front Desk stuff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tanja S
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, great value and the fully equipped kitchen in your room. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there with a friend and got a secret deal on priceline for 60USD pretty big rooms, free (not ultrafast) wifi and free parking made the stay pretty ok. mike on the frontdesk was very helpful and the grab and go breakfast should have some juices at least.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our great value and friendly staff, especially Mike. Thank you again for the kind words. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.