“Comfortable and relaxing”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I need to stay in Newport about once a month and find Stay America good for my needs. I like the fresh coffee early and ready with fruit and muffins in the morning. When I need time for the computer the wifi is available in the room with space for work. I love the quiet in the evening to have dinner and watch TV. So Stay America works for me..............and service personell are all very nice. Peggie

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Peggie - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our services and our staff. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stay at this hotel probably 12 days out of every month. The issue is the west side of the forth floor is a smoking floor and when you are placed on the third floor the ventilation blows the smoke down. It is awful, also if a guest is cooking anything ethnic, like curry, it stinks up the rooms. Maybe some airfresheners or filters?

When I check-in I would think that I would be able to get a room I want given I stay every month. Instead I am sometimes welcomed openly with the front desk and other times with indifference. They suggest I come early, when I do, nothing is ready and when I come later, everything is gone.

My preference, I would like to request, if possible, the north third floor from room 306- 314. How can we make this happen? I will continue to stay at your hotel because your staff is deligent and helfpul.

Respectfully
Rene Chazottes

p.s. I would like to recognize Yoselma, who is always graceful and helpful with one of the evening clerks.

Room Tip: See above - smoke & smells.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Rene - I wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent visits to our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the slight odor you encountered while staying with us as well as your room not always being ready. We truly appreciate having you stay with us, and so often, we promise to work on correcting these issues moving forward.

Once again, thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. If I can be of any other service please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed one night at this location. The room and bathroom was very clean. They are dog friendly and there are many grassy areas to take your dog out. Our only complaint was that the bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke. It was only in the bathroom area though, and we kept that door closed at all times. I thought the hotel was entirely non-smoking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the location and the service provided. Thank you again for your review. However I would like to apologize regarding the unpleasant smell of smoke during the stay. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my very first time staying at an Extended Stay facility, referred to me by a colleague. The entire process from online reservations to checking in was efficient. I arrived after 9pm and the necessary paperwork was ready for my signature. The front desk person was friendly, courteous and knowledgeable.

I appreciated the cleanliness and my room smelled great. I was impressed with the dishes provided, the silverware and the bathroom ambience, evidenced by the "envision" theme and the green color scheme of the tissue box.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking time to write such a nice review about our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest. Feedback such as yours tells us we are delivering on our commitment. We strive to provide a “home away from home” experience. We are honored for your recognition. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel itself is a very clean structure,no odd smells or weird noises. The staff was great, there was a gentleman there i believe his name was Carlos He made my check in feel like i was at a 5 star hotel. He was very helpful and knowledgeable of the hotel and assisted with whatever i needed.

• Stayed: February 2013
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the staff made you a home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The location was fantastic for me. I received a remarkable treatment at the hotel. I had a document to print and submit YESENIA assisted.

Also I forgot my iPad in my hotel room because I was running late, YESENIA brought the iPad to me at the airport. I was amazed by the kind gesture. For that I would be loyal to extended stay in any part if the world my business takes me.

• Stayed: February 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for great review. I'm thrilled that Yesenia was able to provide the best customer service that you deserve. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed here many times and have nothing but great things to say about the hotel. Great rates and the staff is exceptional. The front desk employees are very friendly and general manager Russ is always very professional.

Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!