This was our first stay in this hotel chain. It was a Saturday night and the local hotels were full or filling up, and the prices on the low end were rising into $100 plus territory. The "classy" Newport Beach hotels were much more, of course. Extended Stay was just short of $80 (including tax) on Hotels.com. It has free parking, which is rare indeed in Newport Beach.
We were apprehensive because of the mediocre scores from reviewers around the 2 stars mark. However, all was well and we were not disappointed. The first non-smoking room smelled of smoke, but the desk clerk gladly exchanged our room.
The room was a decent size and had a small kitchen if you wanted that. A toaster and a microwave. A decent size flat-screen TV and two SHOWTIME channels. A cold A/C unit against the window.
Free WiFi and snacks for breakfast. There really should be some kind of juice though, so the kids have something to drink besides water.
They have no daily maid service, but that doesn't matter if you just stay one or two nights. No pool, no fitness center, no restaurant. But these are no problem for a reasonable rate. I wish they had a computer room though. The local area is very safe to walk at night - the surrounding office buildings are deserted. Next door is a Carl's Jr., which is the only close-by restaurant. Some guys would starve without Carl's, right? We did the smart thing and had dinner before we checked-in.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Orange County-John Wayne Airport Hotel Newport Beach
- Extended Stay Newport Beach
- Extended Stay America Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Extended Stay