New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Radisson Hotel Newport Beach

Radisson Hotel Newport Beach
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Chill out by the pool .......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Found this place and booked through Priceline at a very good rate. The staff were first class and always helpful with a smile. The pool is stunning and a great place to spend an afternoon. Drinks and food can be ordered via a phone. We upgraded to club rooms and they were nice. Sleep was long and peaceful. The club lounge was ok if a little basic but all in all a nice place to stay on our way back to LA from San Diego.

Room Tip: Get a club room
Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our stay started out bad from the beginning. Upon arrival our reservations were all messed up even though I confirmed them a week before I left. They told me I would not have a room over looking the parking lot - instead I over looked the air condition units. We arrived late (10pm) went to order room service but neither phone worked - front desk person did not care. They never gave us the internet code, at 11:30pm I could not call down for it or get on my laptop to get work done. There were ants crawling throughout the bathroom, again, no one really cared. After 2 days there they said they would change my room but the hotel was full. The staff was not accommodating at all, in fact had a care less attitude. Not at all what I expected from a Radisson, especially being a Club Carlson member.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CarlsonRezidor, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!”. If you ever feel that the front desk is unable to resolve any issue, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here and it was extremely convenient! It is very close to the John Wayne Santa Ana Airport. I chose the hotel because of the free parking and free internet. It is only about 20-40 minutes from Newport, Huntington, or Laguna beaches. I had looked into staying at a hotel a bit closer to the beach, but they all charged for parking and/or internet so I opted to save that money by staying at the Radisson. I'm glad I did because those hotels were literally only 5-10 minutes closer so I didn't lose anything by staying "further away." My only complaint was that the internet didn't work very well on my 2nd night and they didn't seem able to fix it. The pool area was very nice, though not extremely large. The hotel is located right by Jamboree Road (main thoroughfare) on Macarthur, and driving around OC was no problem. The staff was extremely nice and very professional! I thought the price for the room ($140/night) was very reasonable, especially considering that parking and wifi were included. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelGuy72
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel is located directly adjacent to the John Wayne Airport. Not in Newport Beach proper. That being said the hotel is easily accessed from either the 55 fwy or the 405 fwy. It is an older property that appears to be pretty well maintained. Our room was on the 5th floor facing the runway of the airport. We enjoyed being able to open the sliding glass door and step onto the small balcony. The plane noise is loud when the door is open but when closed, we couldn't hear anything. The room was clean and comfortable (no sleep number bed as previously reviewed). Refrigerator in the room was convenient. Bathroom was small but clean. Free parking and walking distance to a small food court in a nearby strip mall. Don't hesitate to stay here, this is a clean and decent hotel.,

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DADuv2
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I loved this Hotel. The staff was so helpful and friendly. It is near the Airport but I heard no noise at all and it was within minutes of anything and everything includung great food and an amazing mall.

1 Thank mykawika
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

My Fiance and three kids stayed at this hotel June 7th and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are basic, and all the beds are 'sleep number' but our bed didn't work. Sleeping on a sleep number bed that is broken is pretty awful. You can feel the pump or something mechanical instead of cushion and I would rather have plain old spring mattress than a broken sleep number any day. Beyond that, the noise is intense from the airport, but it wasn't bad...something along the lines of the soothing sound of waves crashing at a beach hotel, if you like that type of thing. The noise from the nightclub across the street went on until after midnight, so keep that in mind as well. The lobby is nice, the staff is very attentive and kind and the pool was better than we had thought. Nice size, cool design for kids and adults to swim in, plenty of nice seating and towels. The jacuzzi Saturday night had a nice social aspect for the adults while the kids swam. We met two other couples and had fun conversation and drinks, which made it feel like a vacay and not a one night out of town situation. Very nice bathrooms at the pool, too. There's a bar which we didn't use but we heard it was cool. The gift shop was a welcome aspect, as we needed a bathing suit last minute which they had and waters, etc. We had three rooms all together, and we all felt that it was a nice place and fun atmosphere. The bathrooms in the rooms are small. You have to scoot in between door and toilet, which makes it a bit uncomfortable to travel with more than just your spouse, etc...but worse, the shower head was all messed up. It was not a new one, and it was broken, in fact, and no matter how hard I turned the lever, it only shot out at the top of my head and off to an angle, so, not good. If you're six feet than yes, perfect shower, LOL. Nice places to eat just across the street so no driving needed. We would stay here again, for sure, for short stay visits.

Room Tip: All rooms hear air traffic, no getting away from that.
1 Thank Aprilbull
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

The most important thing to know about this hotel: it is not actually near Newport Beach. Although it's address is in Newport Beach, it is right next to the John Wayne Airport, so plan accordingly. You can see the airport from the top few floors, but along with that comes the noise of the airport. The room is just average, not amazing but not horrible. Since it was Thanksgiving, we paid too much for this hotel. It was also a little on the outdated side too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family