“OK...”

Carlton Hotel Newport Beach
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed one night, close to Santa Anna airport for early morning flight. No problems on check in, room was presented with a nice cheese tray and bottle of wine (complimentary but I think that is a corporate deal with my company etc.). The weird thing was that hot water came out of both the cold and hot taps in the bathroom (took about 5 to 8 minutes for the water from the cold tap to cool down (it was VERY hot, too hot to touch). Wireless was complimentary but kept disconnecting even though signal looked good. Did not have breakfast at hotel due to time of departure but there was coffee and some healthy snacks laid out for those departing prior to breakfast opening. Would stay again.

Room Tip: as far from elevators as possible - they are pretty noisy. good views on higher floors over Irvine/N...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 565NOSTAY565

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Took an average of 25 minutes each time I tried to get on the Wi-Fi never had such a bad experience at this Radisson. Front desk said we're getting plenty of calls 'hotel not the problem it's the contractor.' It doesn't help. The Wi-Fi maybe free but if you can't get on it it's no value. Writing this from my tethered laptop.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank regman2all
Leandro R, Front Office Manager at Carlton Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Regman2all,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with our Radisson Newport Beach Hotel.

Additionally, thank you for taking the time to communicate your experiences during your recent stay.

Your feedback is extremely important to us, in our on-going efforts to improve upon our customer service and product delivery.

On behalf of our Hotel and Service Team, I apologize for falling short in our experience delivery, which included connectivity issues on our wireless internet.

Please know we have shared these issue to our team leaders and Internet provider, and are committed to ensuring they are favorably addressed.

Again, I apologize for these concern, and apologize for any inconvenience these may caused to you and your guest.

As a token of appreciation for your loyalty and for taking the time to communicate these concern, upon your next confirmed reservation, we would like to upgrade your reservation to our Concierge Level, where you and your guest can enjoy deluxe accommodations, along with complimentary breakfast, VIP Turn Down Service, and use of our Executive Club Lounge.

Thank you again, for choosing to stay at our Radisson Newport Beach, and we are hopeful to welcome you the next time your travels bring you to Newport Beach, California.

Respectfully,

Leandro Reyes
Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We made our reservations through Priceline not really knowing what to expect but not wanting to pay too much. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was gorgeous, the staff was friendly and accommodating and we really enjoyed our stay. We were running in the Surf City half marathon and weren't sure how soon we would be back to the hotel but they graciously allowed us a late check out of 3pm. We just had to ask in the morning as we were leaving the hotel. The best part of this hotel was the bed. I believe that if I had the opportunity I could have stayed in bed all day and all night. It was easily the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in with a soft pillow top and a light billowy down comforter. I really wanted to steal one of the pillows but my husband reminded me that would be a really naughty thing to do (: Because of the late checkout, however, I was able to catch a quick nap after we returned to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Driftwoodmeg
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were looking for a good place to stay just for the weekend. Found the Radisson on-line and with a good rate we decided to try it. It was wonderful. The staff are very friendly. The hotel is well lit and the lobby and atrium are incredible. We actually spent most of the day at the pool, which gives you the feel of being at the beach. Wonderful plants and trees. There is a phone to order food and drinks. The room was very quiet. Not large, but adequate. Even though we were on the airport side we did not notice the planes too much. There are a few nice restaurants close by and it is close to shopping. We went over to the District for dinner, about 3 miles away. All in all, a great experience and we plan to go back again soon. And one of the best things is free parking! Most of the hotels around the airport here charge for parking. I hope the Radisson keeps it that way.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChristopherD507
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great location for proximity to airport. The hotel is near places to eat although the hotel has a couple of restaurants which I did not try. The rooms are tidy and functional;clean bathrooms and good blackout drapes. I did miss seeing any art on the walls however it was a business overnight not a resort stay. This is the hotel with the "good personality" rather than the "pretty one". And I was thankful that the Sleep Number beds which I have encountered at other Radissons were absent here.

Room Tip: ask for corner rooms to avoid the interior atrium noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had to spent the night in NPB, but I didn't want to spend mega bucks, as I had to leave the next morning. Radisson was a good choice. Plenty of free parking outside. My stay was complemented with free internet access. The hotel front desk gentleman, Daniel C. was EXTRA helpful and inviting. He made sure that I get the room that fits my needs. This is the very first hotel that I found in it sleep number beds. The view of NPB airport, while some might complain about the noise, we found it to be very cool looking at jets landing and taking off.

With Daniel attitude and helpfulness, I would recommend this hotel big time.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bashar Z
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Recently I stayed for one night in the Radisson at Newport Beach, CA. The hotel is conveniently located with easy access to highways and near by businesses.
The room I stayed in was comfortable and very clean - good job!
The breakfast buffet was also very good - the personnel attentive
So, overall, I would say this is a hotel that offers good value

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business