“Super Cool Interior!”

San Francisco, California
“Super Cool Interior!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson while enjoying a weekend at Pageant of the Masters

1st thing we noticed was that there were a lot of wedding-party guests running all over the place - which had us worried that we were in for a loud, obnoxious evening but contrary to expectations, we didn't hear a peep

Bed was comfy; pillows were good; bathroom was clean & water pressure was fine

Didn't get to try the restaurant so can't comment on that - we never eat in hotel restaurants if we can help & lord knows I've got 100s of LA eateries bookmarked so these poor hotels don't stand a chance

Close to the airport & free wi-fi were the icing on the cake & we would def make this a go-to hotel whenever we were in the Laguna Bch area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wanderlust s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel was very clean and nice. The rooms were a little small, but offered a nice balcony. The beds were so comfortable and lots of soft, plushy pillows! The service was great! Free Parking was a PLUS along with a few stores and eating places within walking distance.

2 Thank turbo4life
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The 1st room was very loud,almost at end of runway.They moved us, nicely, to a room which was terribly dirty & the one bed didnt work (they were adjustable ) so was flat. Finally the 3rd room was better ,but pretty old bed.I understand higher rate because of being in New Port Beach,but we were dissapointed.I will also say at checkout,they never brought any of it up like it never happened that we moved 3 times.We are fair people.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank heidi b
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The girls at the front desk were fantastic and conscientious about everything that I needed. I found one of the assistant managers a bit abrasive but he started warming up after a few days.

The restaurant menu and staff are fantastic and great to work with. They had never heard of a salmon dish that I was use to at a restaurant back home and went out of their way to make the sauce the way I like it even though it wasn't on the menu. Breakfast was fantastic as was anything food related and I think I gained weight eating so much.

Housekeeping was fabulous as well and though I forgot my key she was able to let me in but only if I showed her some photo id. She was never rude but sympathized and saved me 15 mins when I was running late.

The business center computers for the 5 days I was there costs me $100 to keep in touch with the office so bring your own iPad or laptop because they charge $30/hr at the business center. When I was leaving they were setting up a business center with free use of computers but am not sure if its set up already. This will be a fabulous addition to an already great set of amenities.

The fitness center equipment was great with one exception, the tv did not work on one of the elyptical machines.

The local call procedure on the phone faceplate was annoying and though it was a local call made you dial 8, 1, (area code), number which always felt like a long distance call. Didn't like the 0.75 call rate but its not a Canadian hotel where the local calls are free so no big deal.

Gift shop guy was super helpful and accommodating as well.
I will definitely return to this hotel and enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Would have loved a padded headboard because I watched a bit of tv. Pictures show padded headboard in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amin S
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed July 15, 2013

i wanted to reach out and share my stay at the Radisson Newport Beach Hotel. I am into day 3 of a 7 day stay. To date the stay has been good. the Hotel is clean and accomadating. Beach locations are nearby and no more than 25 minute drive to major locations.
I am the early biird type and it is common for me to be up and at it by 4 or 5 AM. not much is available at this time of the morning however when I asked Danial (Desk representative), he quickly was able to get me a coffee to start my day. it is the little things that help make the stay more comfortable. More to follow, I am looking forward to adding more great reviews as my stay continues.
thx - Birch

Room Tip: Bring your bikes for the beach. Many attractions are a bike ride away.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice hotel; located conveniently near John Wayne airport with free parking. We had a room with 2 double beds but were told we couldn't add a roll away bed. The front desk staff (particularly Andy) was very helpful and relocated us to another room with a king bed and a sofa bed. The king bed was huge and extremely comfortable! The sofa bed was not nearly as good but served its purpose for the 2 nights we stayed there. The free internet was a plus but the connection was really slow at times. Many of the Radisson hotels offer a free continental breakfast but sadly, this one did not. There were also some nice eating places close by but because the hotel is in a business section, don't expect to find them open later than 8:00 or 9:00 pm.

knoxville, tn
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

During my stay at the Radisson Newport Beach my family and I experienced a security issue when a man entered the bar at the hotel in a state of inebriation that created a dangerous situation for everyone. There were not many people in the bar, but the man was a young muscular guy who could easily have caused significant harm to anyone in the bar. I was enjoying some wine with my family and the man continually harassed and approached other guests. When I left the bar to inform the front desk I was told they already knew about it and that the person who could handle it could not be located. After a second trip to the lobby to demand action and tell them I was calling the local police still no one was available to deal with the situation and provide security for the guests. Finally a waiter from the restaurant talked the man in to leaving just before two other gentlemen arrived to address the issue. My family and I felt threatened and this property was entirely unable to respond to a real security issue. I hope the hotel has taken action since that incident to make sure security is readily available at all times. Otherwise I cannot recommend this property due to the security concern.

Stayed June 2013
Robert L, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear JH Tuck,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with our Radisson Newport Beach Hotel during your recent visit.

We truly value our Trip Advisor reviewers and appreciate your feed back on your experience during your stay!!

We are very appreciative of your comments regarding, the perceived delay in our responding to a guest disturbance in our lounge area on the evening of your visit. We have investigated this issue, and resolved it. We do apologize for you and your guest having to be present during this incident, and having the unfavorable feeling and perceptions that you took away from it.

Please know that we take the security and safety of our guest, as well as our employees very seriously, and have a zero tolerance policy towards these types of occurrences. We also realize for any minute that elapses, feels like eternity, our on-going training of our team, includes response times and being cognizant of this time.

We are committed to delivering a quality guest experience, which includes our safe and secure environment, as you could see by our numerous positive comments from prior guests of our hotel, we take the quality of service and product delivery, quite serious. Your comments assist our improvement efforts. We apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused to you and your guest.

In closing, again thank you again, for choosing to stay at our Radisson Newport Beach, and sincerely apologize for any of these issues that may have caused any inconveniences!

Upon your next confirmed reservation, we would like to upgrade you and your guest to our Club Level where you would be able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast for two, complete with afternoon appetizers, served in our VIP Club Lounge, this also includes our signature VIP evening turn-down service.

We are hopeful to welcome you the next time your travels bring you to Newport Beach, California.
Respectfully,