Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport, Newport Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Breakfast included
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$215
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Pool
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Restaurant
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Restaurant
$595
  • Pool
Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$274
$219
  • Pool
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$349
$329
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$286
$259
  • Pool
Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$152
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjohn wayne airportradisson hotelthe hotel is cleanuc irvinefront desk stafforange countyfree shuttleminute drivefashion islandquiznossnafreewaynewportproximitydisneylandlagunastarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I represent a non-profit agency which selected this hotel for a three-day national conference. The decision to use this hotel was made easy from our first meeting with the staff.. Nothing could be more assuring of a positive experience than the message we received on our initial contact. We want your business and we will do what it takes to get it. In the months prior to our conference the special events staff did everything to live by that message. They were promptly and politely responsive to every call and every email. They accommodated all our needs in the planning process and were available throughout the three days of the event. Setting up for a national conference takes organization and many helping hands, but each step of the way, every staff person we encountered greeted us with a smile and "can I help you with anything?" Our conference guests enjoyed three banquet events at the hotel. All meals were delicious, attractively presented and professionally served. Hotel rooms, meeting rooms and banquet spaces were attractive and comfortable. Private dining in the hotel was also an affordable and highly satisfactory option. Pricing for this event was the most reasonable of all the options we explored. Our conference guests expressed not a single dissatisfaction to us. Quality overall exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gillian M
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I'm a frequent guest at this hotel and my experience has always been positive. The hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating. The gym is excellent for a hotel, and the breakfast buffet is always great! There's also a decent choice of restraunts that are walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan T
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The picture on here of the hotel is misleading. It does not look so great in person. This is a very poorly run hotel. For one thing the hotel is located near John Wayne Airport so you get jet noise. The front desk staff; I found was of no help. The rooms and bathrooms were disgusting. The drapes in the room were ripped and could not be closed. The bathroom was worse; it was very dirty. There was hair on the floor and in the combo bath/shower. The restaurant is off of the hotel lobby and it looked uninviting. The place looked dark and very outdated looking with no windows in the restaurant area. I hate to say it; but, this is one of the worst hotels that I have stayed in.

Room Tip: When you make a reservation for this hotel; ask when the room they are reserving for you was last remodeled.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Metrotorrance
Leandro R, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport, Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

First I would like to thank you for staying at the Radisson Newport Beach Hotel.

I have read your email and was disappointed to read of the unfavorable experience you had during your recent stay at our property. I am sorry that we fell short in providing you with a great stay and for that please accept my sincerest apology.

I have forwarded your concerns to our Management team, as it remains our commitment to ensure consistent quality service and product delivery to each our guest.

We take customer feedback seriously, and the concerns that you reported will be followed-up on to ensure they are favorably addressed for future guests, as well as a potential next stay of yours.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Radisson Hotels & Resorts we appreciate you choosing our Radisson Newport Beach as your lodging choice, and hope we have the opportunity in the future to serve you again.

Leandro Reyes
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I arrived during an afternoon pool/drunk/naked feast. If my kids would have been along I would have come UNGLUED. We left at 4:30 to go to an early dinner only to see women walking around in lingerie in the parking lot with no thong/bra on. When we got back that evening, there were people in the parking lot drunk/ almost naked and obnoxious. In the bar.......it was hooker/gang scene. In the lobby, men were harrassing middle aged women checking into the hotel. My husband went running the next AM only to see people passed out in their cars. I guess I thought this was at least a 4 star hotel. Low class events should be not be happening in ANY 4 star hotel. It was pure raunch and so embarrassing. The staff did NOTHING about all the drunk pick-up attempts on paying guests.

The room was OK but not fitting of an upscale hotel. No refrigerator or microwave. The breakfast restaurant brunch was OUTSTANDING. Enjoyed the fitness center also.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. The rif raf is not worth it especially if you have your family along. This was not worth 159.00 per night. It had the clientele of a hooker motel. The floors were quiet so that is a plus.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Tonya O
Leandro R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport, Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your comments and thank you for the information. This was a private event that occurred and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that such an event is not held at the Radisson Newport Beach. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and strive to be a hotel that corporate travelers enjoy staying at and that families feel welcome. Thank you.

Radisson Newport Beach Team

Reviewed September 1, 2012

LOCATION:
Had early flight and wanted a nearby hotel to John Wayne Airport. This hotel fit the bill. Room (and hotel) was very quiet. I liked the parking lot/entrance because it was open and roomy and this worked well because we had friends picking us up in two cars right out front- no problem.
STAFF:
Good natured valet. The front desk clerk lacked warmth-just did his job and with a bit of an attitude. Bartender was very nice and very helpful. Shuttle chauffeur took his job seriously- I think they could use a larger van, though, to reduce wait time...
ROOM:
Room was clean with comfortable sleep number mattresses, but the pillows were horrible- very unsupportive and I woke up with a sore neck. Elevators seemed unusually far from the front desk... Room hot and stuffy upon arrival on hot afternoon.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family