“Great location for business meeting” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Radisson Hotel Newport Beach
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Apex, North Carolina
“Great location for business meeting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

We held a 100-150 person conference at the property and were very pleased with the service and meeting space. The hotel staff were very responsive and helpful. The location is good if you need a STAPLES (right beside the hotel) for copies and last minute meeting purchases or restaurants (many within walking distance). But, the location is not cost effective for getting to the oceanfront. Even though it is estimated 6 miles, a cab would cost around $20 each way.

The restaurant, Tiffany, has excellent food for every meal. There is a breakfast buffet, lunch buffet with soup, salad, and chocolate fountain, and everything we ate was good.

The rooms were comfortable, but the bathroom is very small and dated. The television is not a flat screen and there are not many channels to chose from. They offer sleep number beds, but I did not have one.

The pool is heated but the location is so close to the airport, you have to expect to hear and see planes taking off all day long.

I did not have any issues with noise in my room and could not hear the planes in my room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

We got a great deal on the price. The location was great and the rooms weren't so bad. The "sleep number" beds were ok - Nothing too exciting. I was pleased with our stay until Friday night when the local club/bar across the street started playing music. It was so loud that I felt like the DJ was in our room. It was insane. I could not believe how loud the club's music was and how I could hear it so clear in my room. I called the front desk to ask about it and they said they'd check into it. Nothing happened. So I called an hour later and asked if they had any ability to do anything about it and they said they'd send security over to check it out. Nothing happened. My mother finally called at 12:45am and demanded that they call the police. They were not accommodating or responsive. The next day they did give us a new room on the other side of the building. I could still hear the bass.

I would never stay here again. If you value your sleep then DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

We are in the Fairmont Hotel Newport Beach we went to the Hertz desk to rent a car our DEBIT card would not work and we don’t carry credit cards as we had $10,000 taken from it once so I emailed each car hire company and got a really nice chap who said if it went through at our hotel which it did it should work at U-Save Car Hire inn the Lobby at the Radisson Hotel ….LUCKY the Radisson Hotel directly opposite the Fairmont …….So we set off and low and behold it worked!!.....So you can hire a car using a DEBIT CARD ..... He also is giving us the car today and only charging for Fri Sat Sun.....So what a star he is the company is U-Save car hire will always use them when needed
As Aside
On the way back to our hotel we had a walk around and there is a Liquor STORE a Sports bar which is fantastic called Classic Q’s!! Where we to several drink’s they were sooo reasonable (cheap) we also met a great Dentist from the next block we had such a laugh …….We also found a laundry! -We are picking the car up at 3pm today yea!!!
Good Luck Everyone
Carol Frend

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

We booked this hotel because we needed an inexpensive place to sleep for one night on a very last-minute trip to the LA area. I found the hotel via Travelzoo and checked Tripadvisor reviews, which were mostly favorable. We booked a "Romance Package" directly through the hotel, which was perfect for what we needed. The package included dinner at the hotel's restaurant, breakfast buffet, and champagne & chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the room. The food was all fresh and well-prepared, and even the champagne was decent. For the price we paid for everything, this was a great deal. This was a weekend-night, and there was hardly anyone in the hotel, so that might be the reason for such a good price. We asked the bartender in the lounge why the hotel was so empty, and he explained that they are mainly busy during the week, when conferences are held at the hotel and that mainly business travelers that stay there. Our room was at the back of the main tower, facing away from the airport. We didn't notice much noise from the planes, and it seemed to stop pretty early. The room was comfortable and pretty large. Some of the furniture might be kind of old, but it wasn't worn-out or anything. The room had a sofa and coffee table, refrigerator, desk and chair, and a very comfortable king-sized bed. The in-room coffee maker and supplies were convenient, and I always love when they give you a lot of "stuff" in the bathroom (sewing kit, body wash, mouthwash, in addition to the usual items). We also received great service from everyone we came in contact with: the servers at the restaurant, the bartender, the front-desk staff, and the concierge were all great. I really have no complaints. If you are looking for something in the middle of the action, this probably wouldn't be a great choice, but I can see why business travelers like this hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

Was there 3 nights. The food in the hotel restaurant was good. The room was clean and the staff was courteous. Located about 5 minutes from SNA airport and places to eat.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

This hotel is a perfectly acceptable mid-class business hotel, with a MUCH better than average restaurant (seriously, it is oddly delicious. Excellent bar too.) Service was great, and I didn't have any of the noise that others reviewers have talked about. Even a decent gym, better than what you would expect for this class of hotel.
HOWEVER! Pool was closed, in fact the whole area was roped off and no one could even sit out by it. They did not reveal this on their website or when I called in advance. They definitely seemed to be hiding the fact that the pool was closed for several months. They were nice about it and offered to bus us to another hotel pool, and let me use the internet for free when I asked (usually pay only in Business Center) but still, takes two seconds to warn travelers that the pool is closed for repairs (one sentence on the website, for example) and they definitely didn't advertise that information until after you make a reservation. Felt shifty to me.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nc1701d
Hotel_Manager4545, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I wanted to take the opportunity to personally apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us, specifically with the issues regarding the pool closure. We take great pride in offering excellent guest service along with a quality product, and unfortunately, as indicated in your comments, we may have fell short during your most recent stay. Your concerns will be addressed during our very next pre-shift meeting, to enable us to take the necessary steps to resolve these types of issues in a timely manner. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, as your comments will assist in our improvement efforts. Again, thank you for all of your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

This place was great. I stayed here one night after going out for a family member's birthday and loved it. The room is small but really comfortable and was clean. I loved, loved, loved the bed!! (I did bring my own pillow because I can't stand those down pillows!)
Anyway, we ate at the restaurant for dinner and although it was pricey, the food was really good. (The chef even made a special vegetarian plate for me!)
The manager at the front desk went out of his way for me too. His staff was totally on it and tried to accomodate all of my requests (and I'm kind of a pain too!)
I had no trouble sleeping and didn't hear any of the airplane or nightclub noise that the other travelers complained about. (I was there on a Saturday night too.)
Overall, the hotel is super pretty (loved the 'mod' style lobby) and the front desk staff is awesome. I'd totally stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple