“$$$$”

Andrea at Pelican Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
Andrea at Pelican Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 512 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Newport Coast Drive
Description: The unprecedented attention to detail in Andrea, to recreate storied culinary traditions and classic dishes bursting with the true flavors of Italy, has resulted in remarkable Northern Italian cuisine, with Tuscan influences in particular, that rivals the nation's top Italian restaurants.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Good food but way overpriced. Nice setting. service was good. Overall a good restaurant. Bill was $1050 for 5 people without wine.

1  Thank Skipperscott1
There are newer reviews for Andrea at Pelican Hill

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wine flowed, and food was for most part excellent. The pappardelle pasta with lamb was sublime. Serving size is perfect if you want several courses. Had the apricot panna cotta was very good. Light, flavorful and the standout on the dish was the pistachio gelato. Next time go for the gelato. The only reason I rated less than excellent was the seasoning was off on two dishes. The octopus appetizer was very salty...not to standards for this restaurant. At this level and cost everything should be perfect. Today, in hindsight I know that if I had told the waiter that it was not good he would have taken care of it and brought me another option. At dinner with 7 others I chose not to make an issue. My husband's lobster pasta was also seasoned too heavily with salt so I think the head chef needs to get in there and do a quality check.

1  Thank travelernottourist
Reviewed August 10, 2013

great view, terrific service, outstanding food, great wine list. cant find a fault even if I nit picked. one of best we have experienced.

1  Thank gerry h
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Tea Time is EVERYTHING I expected... and more. My wonderful husband knows how much I enjoy sitting around, enjoying tea with my friends, so for my birthday he arranged for 4 of us to have a Sunday tea at Andrea's at the Pelican Hill Resort.

When we arrived there were numerous tables set for tea as well as a sofa/chair/coffee table area set up with a sign that said "reserved". It was facing out toward the patio and you could see the ocean and golf course. As we walked by I said, "oh, I would love if that were ours," and IT WAS! The servers were formal and friendly. They brought out a box of 12 teas to sniff then asked that we each start with one kind. As there were 4 of us, we chose 4 different teas to share. Although, if you ask for something else, they just bring it. There aren't any "limits" as to the number of teas you try or the number of pots they'll bring (unlike the last tea house, which limited us to 1 tea and 1 teapot).

The sandwiches and desserts are all 2-bite sized. Not a meal, but as it took us 2 1/2 hours to enjoy our tea, it seemed like more than enough. I think we were full on tea.

They were kind enough to put the entire bill, including the tip, on my husband's visa without ever bringing me a receipt. That's a nice touch when it is a gift.

All in all it was everything I had hoped it would be.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I had a special anniversary dinner at Andrea, and we were treated exceptionally well.
The food and wine were perfect, and the service was exceptional. The dining area was beautiful and conducive to quiet conversation. We were even treated to a glorious sunset. The meal could not have been more perfect. Of course perfection does not come cheaply!