“Overrated”
Review of Cucina Alessa

Cucina Alessa
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina Alessa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 512 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2012

After living in Newport Beach for close to 5 years (moved from New York), my husband and i dined at Alessa for the very first time. We had heard rave reviews from so many people for so long. What a disappointment! We were totally underwhelmed by the atmosphere (extremely loud and outdated - could that be the "charm" we heard about?). The appetizers were very very good - we had the burrata salad and butternut squash ravioli, but the fish was just ok (we probably should have had pasta). The service was good not great. We actually like the Laguna Beach location better...

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We always go to the HB location for lunch and dinner but stopped at the NB location for breakfast this morning. The Food and service was amazing!! The illegal french toast was decadent and delicious, the mascarpone cream sauce over the fruit was wonderful. The arrabiata sauce covered eggs were fantastic, and they make a great bloody mary. The manager Victor was welcoming, and went above and beyond service expectations. It was not busy at all for a Saturday morning, but I bet that changes....

1  Thank hbscubagirl
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Good food, simple but very well executed. Great service, makes you feel welcome. They know their strength's and stick with them; very good pasta and decent house wine all delivered by a stellar staff.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I have been here 2x and everything we get in so good and authentic italian. The pasta is made in a side room of the restaurant, the wait staff is very friendly and of course the food is amazing. The bar area is very small but they seem to get you seated within 15-20 min. so it not a problem. The most memorable dishes are the meatballs and at the butternut squash ravioli.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We went to Cacina Alessa based on TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. We were undecided on wine and the waiter brought a sample to taste. I ordered lasagna and it was outstanding. It was cooked in it's dish and stayed very hot till the last delicious bite. Clearly, this was the best lasagna I ever had. I wished I lived here so I could eat here more often. I forgot to mention the olive oil-based bread dip that started the meal. The flavoring from the garlic, parsley, basil and lemon made this dipping oil unlike any other I have had. Tne wait staff was very friendly.