“Love!”
Review of Cucina Alessa

Cucina Alessa
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina Alessa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 503 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
los angeles, ca
“Love!”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I have been here 2x and everything we get in so good and authentic italian. The pasta is made in a side room of the restaurant, the wait staff is very friendly and of course the food is amazing. The bar area is very small but they seem to get you seated within 15-20 min. so it not a problem. The most memorable dishes are the meatballs and at the butternut squash ravioli.

Naperville, IL
“Outstanding Lasagna”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We went to Cacina Alessa based on TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. We were undecided on wine and the waiter brought a sample to taste. I ordered lasagna and it was outstanding. It was cooked in it's dish and stayed very hot till the last delicious bite. Clearly, this was the best lasagna I ever had. I wished I lived here so I could eat here more often. I forgot to mention the olive oil-based bread dip that started the meal. The flavoring from the garlic, parsley, basil and lemon made this dipping oil unlike any other I have had. Tne wait staff was very friendly.

• Visited October 2011
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Great Service , OK Food”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I'm not sure why so many people think so highly of this place. On one hand, the service is first-rate, the warm bread with pesto dip is very much appreciated, and the wine is excellent. On the other hand, the food is just OK, nothing wonderful. The limp fried calamari came with a bland sauce. We all had different specials, but nothing was particularly special about them. I had the sea bass, which had no particular taste. The lamb chops were tasty, but came in a very small order. The veal chop, however, was enormous, and was not a great crowd pleaser. $192 for the three of us, including tax and tip.

Visited October 2011
California
“The food is excellent at Alessa”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Cucina Alessa' in Newport Beach & also in Huntington Beach have wonderful food. I've been for dinner many times and for brunch once. I was never disappointed and have always been pleased by the taste of my food.
If you are looking for an excellent Italian restaurant in Newport or Huntington, this is a definite must. The food is good. The staff is friendly & good at their job. The Newport location is small and therefore it can be quite loud in the restaurant, but I find that the Huntington location is quieter and more to my liking for ambiance. However, I think I like the chef at Newport better. Either destination you go to, you will not be disappointed.
If you are going with children, be warned, there is no children's menu that I know of. I've never been offered one. My daughter loves the food though and we just have lunch the next day with her left overs. The other disappointing factor is they still serve large amounts of Pasta (typical to Italian restaurants in America.) I would prefer a smaller portion at a lesser price from their Primi section so I could order a secondi because their meat, chicken & fish selections are just as yummy as their pasta's.
Definitely a must go.

• Visited October 2011
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Go early as it gets crowded. Food is fabulous. My kids love their meatballs. Also they have a kids pizza that is not on their regular menu. We usually start with an appetizer....haven't had one we didn't just love. Then their organic salad. My husband usually gets their marsala or their steak. I stick with the fish or pastas. You can bring your own wine in too! Reservations accepted for larger parties, I think five or more. I have heard their Sunday brunch is very good, but haven't tried it yet

• Visited September 2011