“I can't believe we've never been to this restaurant before!”

Wildfish Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfish Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 505 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Wildfish Seafood Grille is committed to offering fresh prime seafood, aged USDA prime steaks, creative cocktails, and an award winning wine list. Set in a casual, contemporary atmosphere focused around the combined energy of the centerpiece bar and lounge, innovative oyster & raw bar, open-air patio and exhibition kitchen. The menu is made up of imaginative creations prepared fresh with superior quality seafood, utilizing the best preparations, and simple, light sauces to enhance the delicate flavors. The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR! Enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays. Planning an event? The patio is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or any large group. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season.
Newport Beach CA
“I can't believe we've never been to this restaurant before!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Actually I do know why we haven't been to this restaurant before.. It has seafood in the title and my husband doesn't like seafood. But when his best friend said that the steaks were awesome we decided to give it a try. What a surprise. While it is primarily a seafood restaurant it has an excellent steak menu.
First the cocktails were delicious. And the fresh bread they brought to start was warm and served with a delicious butter that was topped with a punch of cayenne pepper and sea salt.
For a starter we split a blt salad which was huge, glad we split it.
For the main course I had scollaps with a side of roasted beets. My husband had a filet steak with a "small" baked potato. Both were enough to have the leftovers for lunch the next day.
We will be back. I want to try the raw bar!
And our waiter, whose name was Cody, was outstanding and really added to the very pleasant experience.
Go early as like many restaurants it got louder as the night went on.

Kansas city
“Best meal in Newport Beach”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The lobster tacos are amazing!! Husband got Chilean sea bass that was out of this world good. I got the Sole that was really good & a huge potion. Wish they had a entree of just a few fish tacos & a side! Really was one of best meals I've had in Cali.

Orange, California
“Enjoyed our experience”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Food was very good. service was excellent. Unfortunately, we did not have reservations and showed up on a saturday, so,we were.seated in the patio area instead of the main room. Nevertheless.was.a very good experience and look forward to going back.

Bay Area, CA
“Not a great time”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I realize this review will get lost in the midst of all the 5 or 4 star postings, but I feel I need to share our recent experience there just to give some perspective. All those positive ratings were the reason we chose Wildfish for our Saturday night dinner outing.

Atmosphere:
- The restaurant portrays itself as an elegant dining experience, though it's located in a shopping center strip mall. Feels like a big corporate-type restaurant, similar to PF Chang's. They offer valet parking though you can simply park in the shopping center spaces for free. The staff is dressed more formally with the waiters in white jackets and black pants.

Sound level:
- Off the chart cacophony of noise. Granted, the place was full and it was a Saturday night. My spouse and I were sitting barely 2 feet from each other and had to read lips because we couldn't hear. Typical modern design with high ceilings and no walls or structures to moderate the noise.

Space:
- The photos here give you a false impression of the space between tables. We were seated at a small table that was placed in the aisleway between two rows of booths. When all the seating areas are filled with diners and staff, there is very little space left. I was bumping chairs with the person at the table behind us and the waiters kept knocking against my chair as they were trying to serve. There was nothing really scenic to view besides at the tables so very close to us that you felt you were invading their space. It got very claustrophobic for me by the end of our meal.
- The bar area is in the center of the open room with the dining tables wrapped around it, thereby adding to the congestion and noise level.

Food:
- The menu looked to be excellent, but the execution for us did not measure up to the descriptions, the expectations, and certainly not the high prices. We ordered the Fuji Salad, Corn Chowder, Soft shelled crab and Scallop entrees. The crab was breaded and fried, and served on top of a mound of greens, not particularly special or tasty. The scallops were sauteed with citrus fruit, macadamia nuts and brown butter. I love scallops but these were cooked just a bit too long or left to warm too long on the plate because they were chewy instead of melt-in-your-mouth buttery. Everything seemed to be just a tad less than expected, like it "should" be good but just wasn't. Quantity was substituted for quality,

Service:
- Our waiter was very attentive at the beginning through to the time that the starters were delivered. After that, he didn't come by until we were clearly done and a bit frustrated. It took two efforts to finally get the bill and pay.

Perhaps our experience was just an anomaly since clearly other patrons love this place. We just wanted a good meal and an enjoyable evening. For us, Wildfish did not showcase its speciality, seafood, and instead demonstrated how the best packaging matters so much less than the content.

3 Thank bln_travels
Adrian, Michigan
1,300 restaurant reviews
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This place is one of the better seafood spots I have tried. The location at the end of a nice strip plaza was easy to find. The exterior was attractive while the interior was even more so. The softly lit, elegant surroundings allowed for a nice, relaxing dinner. We had made reservations on Open Table and were accordingly seated right away. Our waiter, Jeffrey, attended to us right away and provided outstanding service throughout the evening. In fact, he may have been the best server I have ever had. He was very polished, quite attentive as well as very helpful. He added to the quality of our meal, which is not typical of servers in my experience. The menu was very tempting with several great choices. I had the Fuji Apple Salad to start which was dressed with a tasty vinaigrette. For my main, I had the Redfish topped with crab meat which was terrific. I ordered the Crab Fried Rice to accompany it. The latter is one of their specialties and provided a great complement to my meal. My colleague had a softshell crab starter and the Ahi Tuna for a main dish. Both looked very good and were reportedly excellent. I finished with an espresso wrapping up a terrific meal. It was not cheap but the prices were what I would have expected for such a place...and it was worth every penny. I would highly recommend this place if you want a nice meal consisting of wonderful seafood.

• Visited June 2014