“Great food”

Wildfish Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfish Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Wildfish Seafood Grille is committed to offering fresh prime seafood, aged USDA prime steaks, creative cocktails, and an award winning wine list. Set in a casual, contemporary atmosphere focused around the combined energy of the centerpiece bar and lounge, innovative oyster & raw bar, open-air patio and exhibition kitchen. The menu is made up of imaginative creations prepared fresh with superior quality seafood, utilizing the best preparations, and simple, light sauces to enhance the delicate flavors. The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR! Enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays. Planning an event? The patio is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or any large group. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

All kinds of fish and steak as well
Big cozy booths
Awesome waiters
Great wine selection
A little expensive but worth it for a standard dinner expectation
Enjoy you won't be disappointed

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel recommended this place to us as was nearby. What a great experience this was! Service is fantastic! The bread is delicious, freshly made and warm. Great wine list! I had the scallops which were cooked perfectly. They have great options on menu from seafood to some awesome steaks too. Atmosphere is romantic low lighting. Also has nice bar area. Free parking and plenty of it! Our waitress Baily was one of the best we ever had. The deserts are made to order and awesome! Must try the pineapple upside down cake!

1  Thank cardave413
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife had the BBQ Salmon with two stuffed shrimp. The entire meal was spectacular. The stuffed shrimp were perfectly cooked, well seasoned and the stuffing was heavenly. I had the filet oscar style. The filet was a little overdone, but the oscar was a perfect addition. Plenty of crab to make up for the slightly overdone filet.

In addition, we had the Shrimp and Lobster Bisque which was the best bisque I've ever eaten. We also had the lobster tacos and, my oh my that was amazing. The seasoning on the tacos as well as the generous portion of lobster made that the highlight of the night. This was our best meal in Newport and one of the best meals I've ever eaten.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went with friends who had been in April and thought was excellent. I ordered scallops which were warm and cold by the time I got to the last one. The waiter offered to return them but I was afraid to have redone. Everyone else's dishes were very good but not as good as their first visit. The atmosphere is dark and difficult to read the menu and noisey

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our first visit to Wildfish Seafood Grille was much better than our expectation! The restaurant's location is easily accessible! It is very appealing and inviting right from the valet parking stand! Once inside, the restaurant's interior is very "hip" and appealing!!! The staff is professional and friendly! Our waiter, Mike, helped us through the menu and made perfect suggestions for our first visit! The wine list by the glass is generous and offers many wines at reasonable costs! Wildfish offers Cakebread Chardonnay by the glass!!! We split the Wild Mushroom Salad - Delicious! My wife had the Jumbo Gulf White Shrimp - Doubly Delicious!!! I had the Seafood Special fish prepared with lump crab; initially, I was concerned it might be too rich, but Mike guaranteed that I would love it! I absolutely would recommend this special!!! Triple Delicious!!! We also shared the sugar snaps with portabellos which was the perfect vegetable plate! Finally, Mike suggested the wonderful dessert that tasted similar to the butter cake offered by a pricier Newport Beach Restaurant! We will return to Wildfish; it's a Wonderful Option!!!