“Couldn't have been more amazing without being in Italy!!!”

Gondola Adventures, Inc. - Private Cruises
Gondola Dessert Cruise in Newport Harbor
$189.89*
Gondola Lunch Cruise in Newport Harbor
More attraction details
Owner description: As featured on the cover of American Way Magazine (American Airlines in-flight worldwide magazine). Romance afloat! Cruise the Newport Beach harbor in one of the most beautiful gondolas in the US. Choose from our exclusive white-canopy-covered gondolas or our authentic Venetian gondolas, imported from Venice, Italy. Elegant, classy, exclusive, romantic, and relaxing cruises for all occasions. Quite simply the best.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This will go down on the top of our list of amazing memories! Greg was fantastic! Great voice, informative, funny, and gave us our quiet romantic moments! Thank you Ann for helping plan such a romantic beautiful evening with my love !

1  Thank Toplove
GondolaAdv, Manager at Gondola Adventures, Inc. - Private Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your beautiful review! We are glad to have been able to provide such a romantic memory. Please come back and visit us again when you need a relaxing, romantic escape.

There are newer reviews for Gondola Adventures, Inc. - Private Cruises

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is must for all couples.
I surprice my love for her late bithday. Last Friday aug/10/2012. 6:00 pm with a gondola cruise..reservation was so easy & anne' help me with all th details she is great. Thanx to aall the staff..
Like they said
Sunset on gondola cruise is breathtaking.

We have a really great time in our 1 ½ hr cruise. Champagne., chocolate, rose, & the original mssg on the bottle (tottally recomended) + sunset..
She was like OMG..

Our gondolier was a exelent host.. romantic music
Everything was just perfect.
A unique & genuine experience
She love it..

GondolaAdv, Manager at Gondola Adventures, Inc. - Private Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your beautiful review! We were happy to help you provide a wonderful surprise for your love's birthday. We hope you cherish your romantic evening in Newport Beach forever. Come back and see us again sometime :-)

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Full disclosure: I am the ultimate anti-romantic. I don't get into Valentines or Sweetest Day and feel that I show my love for my wife on a daily basis, so I don't need to go crazy with romantic gestures.

With an upcoming business trip to Newport Beach, CA; my wife was searching out interesting things to do and a friend of hers suggested Gondola Adventures. So, in my defense, my wife came up with the idea and the gondola ride from this point forward was not going to be a surprise. Likely the only surprise to her was that I actually agreed to this, as I get to ride in my buddy's fishing boat all the time; so why would I pay $135 for an hour in a canoe with some stranger along.

When I called to book details of the trip, Anne immediately realized that I was the ultimate anti-romantic. She could not believe I had already shared details of the night with my wife or that I had no interest in adding rose petals or a message in a bottle to the package. Anne was in no way pushy about it; but was definitely trying to provide suggestions for making a memorable experience.

The night of the gondola arrived and when we went to check in at the pier, as Anne had suggested, the gondola workers had no record of our booking. Checking in at their office; they also could not find us on the leger and since the manager was home for the night said they would have to call us in the morning to try to re-book. Well, when we returned to the hotel, where I had accidentally left the booking confirmation; we realized that we went to the wrong gondola pier. I had no idea there were more than one gondola companies in Newport; so when I googled directions, I must have just grabbed the first gondola company that came up.

I also left my cell phone at the hotel that night and picked it up to find multiple voicemail messages from our gondolier and Anne; worried about us and wondering what happened.

Calling Anne in the morning, I explained the situation, hoping she wouldn't just say "shove off you unromantic jerk"; since the missed trip was completely my fault and Gondola Adventures had paid a gondolier to sit on the dock for an hour+. Well, Anne was completely sympathetic and even a bit upset that the other company did not think to send us (literally) across the bay to their dock since they should have realized we might be at the wrong business.

Anne worked her magic and was able to not only rebook us for a sunset cruise two nights later, but also managed to get us their #1 gondolier (and we later learned the president of the company); Greg. Greg was incredible, offering just the right amount of humor to make us comfortable (it is a bit weird trying to feel romantic with someone standing 5 feet behind and above you the whole time) and providing an incredible a capella soundtrack to our experience. This guy lives and breathes romance and gondolas (see http://www.gondolagreg.com/). Anne also threw in the rose petal experience without telling me and free of charge, just so my wife could have one surprise for the evening.

In the end, we had an unforgettable adventure that we will tell people about for years. The views of Newport Harbor at sunset were incredible!

4  Thank MikeDeMilwaukee
elisammohr, Manager at Gondola Adventures, Inc. - Private Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Wow Mike - what a great review! Have you ever considered being a writer? We are so glad we were able to accommodate you even with the unfortunate snafu. Perhaps this experience might graduate you from anti-romantic to neutral at least? Come back to us when you're next in town and we'll help you become a PRO :-)

Reviewed August 13, 2012

It was a beautiful and romantic experience. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it. I also want to share the strong customer service I was given. I was late for the ride due to severe traffic issues and the customer service ladies were extremely helpful and accommodating. They took the time to find a better route for me to save time and extended the time of the ride and as a result we were able to enjoy the full experince. Aaron the gondolier was very courteuos and particularly helpful in keeping my girlfriend company and making her feel at home while she waited for me.

Hernando from Ventura County

2  Thank Hernando R
elisammohr, Manager at Gondola Adventures, Inc. - Private Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for your review. We do our best to ensure that our customers have the best possible romantic experience on our gondolas -- despite Los Angeles traffic! We are glad the gondola cruise was a welcome and relaxing conclusion to a frustrating freeway experience.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Star filled night skies. Being seranaded with Italian love songs. Finding a love letter in a bottle floating by. All of these elements make this the number one choice for an evening cruise. It's a must do.

4  Thank jokraina
elisammohr, Manager at Gondola Adventures, Inc. - Private Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for cruising with us and for your review. Looks like you had the best of all worlds: the starry sky, the singing gondolier, the bottle message -- you are one lucky gondola guest! We hope you cherish your memories forever.