“Great GastroPub!”

Yard House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Yard House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 510 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Longview, Texas
“Great GastroPub!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our business group stayed at the Island Hotel across the street from the Yard House. That gave us a great place for a reasonably priced snack and beer just a few steps away.
The nachos were great, the beer was cold and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

• Visited June 2013

Massachusetts
“Microbrewery with very good food and exceptional beer choices”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This Yard House is part of the Fashion Island Mall. Spacious, open architecture, with a large central bar and dozens of TV screens showing current sporting events. Service is prompt and efficient. Menu includes lots of varieties of burgers, salads, soups, many small and large appetizers, and some interesting entree choices. The beer list is very extensive and the wine list is good. Everything we had was properly prepared, hot, and nicely flavored. The grilled sea bass was exceptional-fresh, cooked perfectly, and delicately spiced. The cubed poke yellowtail was also perfect. My only complaint was the high background noise level. True to the name, beer is served in yard high glass tankards.

• Visited June 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“More ale than any pub in the UK”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Came here on a business trip and was overwhelmed by the amount of ale on offer - more than you'd get in any pub in the UK and all very varied - from US craft beers, to European Pilsners, to anything else in between. Even had my local brew (Newcastle Brown) on tap (although everywhere in California seems to).

Restaurant was very busy and service was good. I had a pizza which was tasty and there are screens all over for catching up on the sport.

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Dinner at The Bar While Watching Hockey”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was in the area on business and wanted to find a place to watch the Hockey playoffs. I hit the Yard House in Fashion Island Mall and sat at a hightop near a TV tuned to hockey. I ordered a beer and when it came there was a square piece of cardboard floating in it. Kind of gross but the server and manager apologized and replaced it without charging me. Stuff happens.
I had the Korean short rib tacos and they were very good.
I sat at my table for the entire game and Katie my server was polite, there when I needed her to be and never rushed me.
Overall I had a nice night watching the games on my own and really enjoyed it. This was not my first Yard House visit and the atmosphere in this one is way more relaxed than the one in LA Live. I would definitely hang out there again.

• Visited May 2013
“Awesome happy your!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in time for the 3-7 happy hour. The half price appetizers were amazing. Spicy tuna roll isn't a typical sushi roll but a cylindrical masterpiece of tuna, edamame, cucumbers, and other goodness. Hawaiian poke stack is good, too. Pizzas half price. Patio seating is very nice.

• Visited May 2013