“Dinner at The Bar While Watching Hockey”

Yard House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Yard House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 514 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was in the area on business and wanted to find a place to watch the Hockey playoffs. I hit the Yard House in Fashion Island Mall and sat at a hightop near a TV tuned to hockey. I ordered a beer and when it came there was a square piece of cardboard floating in it. Kind of gross but the server and manager apologized and replaced it without charging me. Stuff happens.
I had the Korean short rib tacos and they were very good.
I sat at my table for the entire game and Katie my server was polite, there when I needed her to be and never rushed me.
Overall I had a nice night watching the games on my own and really enjoyed it. This was not my first Yard House visit and the atmosphere in this one is way more relaxed than the one in LA Live. I would definitely hang out there again.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in time for the 3-7 happy hour. The half price appetizers were amazing. Spicy tuna roll isn't a typical sushi roll but a cylindrical masterpiece of tuna, edamame, cucumbers, and other goodness. Hawaiian poke stack is good, too. Pizzas half price. Patio seating is very nice.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stopped here for Happy Hour before the Improv Comedy Club. We ordered the Spring Salad, Lettuce Wraps and Boneless Wings (naked) with several sauces on the side. It was all delicious. I was here a year ago and the Spring Salad was the same. Consistent....It is important to be able to go back to a great place and get the same quality.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This was my third visit to a Yard House, my first at this one in Fashion Island. I was taking a friend who had never been, and I promised him it would be a safe bet. Thankfully, I wasn't let down.

We were seated fairly quickly, on a Sunday night. I'd say it was about 2/3 full. Service was excellent, except my only gripe being that drinks service was noticeably slow. And we were sat at a table right next to the bar; so could see our drinks standing there! Only a minor point, and with such a huge selection of drinks, easily overlooked.

The menu is huge. Something for everyone, and lots of solid choices for vegetarians who enjoy meat substitutes.

We split the fried calamari and onion rings to begin. Portion sizes were big, and we ended up leaving a few onion rings. Both were excellent, with plenty of dipping sauces.

Main courses were the ginger crusted salmon, and the jambalaya. My salmon was really good. A big fillet of salmon, great flavour. Wasabi mash was not overpowering, and the carrot strings on top were really great. The spicy peanut sauce also very tasty with a good kick. Friend said the jambalaya was good also, and spicy.

We were very full after, and couldn't manage a dessert. Next time.

All in all, a good experience. Tasty beers (house IPA and honey blond), and all coming in under $100 before tip, with 4 drinks.

Will definitely go back.

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Hi DeveloperDan - While we are glad to know that your meals met your expectations, we apologize for the slow beverage service. We will be sure to utilize this as a coaching opportunity for our team. Of course if you'd like to share more about your visit, please feel free to contact me directly at ccastruita@yardhouse.com. Cheers!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've been to two other locations of the Yard House so I knew what I was expecting when I came in for both lunch and dinner within a weeks time.

Lunch was pretty good, I had the asian chicken salad and it was quite refreshing and with the dressing on the side, it was a healthy choice as well.

For the dinner I had I went with the steak salad and guacamole. I would suggest they work on the guacamole to be honest, it wasn't anything special and the chips were kind of stale to be honest. Beer choice is unparalleled and I love getting Leinie's on tap!

I'd visit one of their locations again in the future, but would rather try different restaurants.

1  Thank SMR_2
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hi SMR_2 – We are sorry to hear that we missed the mark with our guacamole and chips. We will be sharing your concern with our culinary team to ensure this opportunity is addressed. We hope to make it up to you and ask that you contact us at yhguestrelations@darden.com.