“A much better Yard House than Irv Spectrum!”

Yard House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Yard House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 509 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Irvine, California
“A much better Yard House than Irv Spectrum!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We love the Yard House and the Fashion Island location is far the best in OC. Great service, not as dark, more kid friendly atmosphere and servers are happier. Great place to watch sports without the sports bar look. Excellent happy hour menu for Monday night football :)

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Restaurant, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hi 911wife - We are glad to hear that you enjoy our Newport Beach location. We will share your feedback with the entire team. We truly value your patronage and hope for the opportunity to serve you again soon. Kindest Regards.

Irvine, California
“Great food, great service but restaurant could use better lighting”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When we are out at Irvine Spectrum, we are always drawn to dine here. Their menu has a good variety of food, kid friendly menu and mostly beer and sports for the hubby. I just wish that they have better lighting inside. It is very loud inside so, if you are looking for a quiet dinning experience, this restaurant is not for you.

• Visited January 2013
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Restaurant, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi happytravler56 - We would certainly like to make this right and we truly hope this was an honest human error. Do you mind contacting us at guestservices@yardhouse.com? We hope to hear back from you soon and get this resolved. Kindest Regards!
Anaheim, California
“Great Food & Refreshments”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

If you can't find something to quench your thirst here, then you're NOT thirsty! A great selection of refreshments that can be overwhelming on your first, second, & third visits. The menu selections are very diverse as well.

Visited November 2012
Mission Viejo, California
“Overpriced and Loud”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place wants to be a restaurant with ample beer selection, but it is really a sports bar with overpriced food and a long beer list. A few impressions from a recent visit:
- No original beer glasses, for example when serving Hefeweizen, it comes in a regular glass, not the tall glass it should be served in.
- Beer served with none or minimal foam.
- Our waiter never brought the San Pellegrino I had ordered.
- The fish with my fish and chips was dry as a bone (chips were OK). The daily special fish ordered by my party was good, however.
- Pyramid and Widmer wheat beers are on the list. Why offer these mediocre attempts at brewing when you can have real beer?
- Music is blasting while football games are shown on the monitors. If you want to spend an evening shouting at the person who is sitting right in front of you, this is the perfect place.
Conclusion: The emphasis is on drinking and watching sports, ambience and quality is less important.

• Visited December 2012
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Restaurant, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hi wolfhomma - We are disappointed to learn that we let you down during your recent visit. Quality is extremely important to us and we feel terrible that we failed to execute our standards. We'd like to try and redeem ourselves. When time permits, please contact us at guestservices@yardhouse.com. Thank you.
Orange County
“Great quality, improving on variety!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

It's difficult to find a place that can accommodate special diet requests. I usually stick to places I know are vegan/vegetarian because it's easier to order.
Recently, we had a work function, which I usually don't like because I eat vegan. I don't like to deal with explaining to people what I eat and why, much less trying to make something edible off a regular restaurant menu. My boss provided us with some choices for dining, one of them being Yardhouse. I checked out the menu for Yardhouse and was excited to see they are using Gardein products. I voted Yardhouse and we ended up having a great lunch. I was very happy.
Some of the dishes with Gardein aren't entirely vegan. I had to request no mayo or cheese on the sandwich; easy enough. However, there were a couple dishes that weren't prepared with any animal products.
In the future, it would be nice to see them carry Daiya products (high-quality vegan cheese substitute) too! Thank you Yardhouse for making my work luncheon work for me!

Visited December 2012