“Bad food, nice waitress”
Review of Spaghetti Bender

Spaghetti Bender
Ranked #91 of 503 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
McKinney, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food, nice waitress”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant based on the good reviews here on TripAdvisor. I don't understand how this restaurant has 4.5/5 stars at the time I leave this review. This was some of the worst Italian food I've ever had. The fettuccine alfredo has almost no flavor, and the noodles didn't seem to be completely cooked. A family sitting near us had someone order the fettuccine alfredo as well, and we heard them complain about it for the same reasons. We also had fried calamari and it was overcooked to the point of almost being burned.

It was suggested to us that my wife and I share an a la carte meal because the portions are so large. What we weren't told was that there would be an additional $5 split charge if we shared the meal. This information may have been available on the menu, but we didn't see it there. In any case I am not a fan of restaurants that add a split charge to meals.

I am giving this restaurant 2 stars instead of 1 simply because the waitress was very nice. I do not recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank ryanbsmith

ROCHESTER NY
“Very nice, good Italian food with charm”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Small place, rather unassuming from outside. Warm greeting on arrival. Workable selection of beer choices and wine list was very nice. Attentive, pleasant servers. Good portions. Garlic bread was notably better than average. bruschetta very good as well. scallops very good, large serving. Tasted eggplant Parm, also very good. Definitely on the "would go here again" list. Close enough for a walk on beach after dinner. Reasonable priced, was 3 for dinner w drinks, less than $100.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank BlueMaxx14
Fountain Valley, California
“Great food”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very good Italian food, large portions, prices are a little high, but of course it's Newport. Get salad with with their signature creamy Italian dressing. The dressing is one of the best I have ever had.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kelly M
Huntington Beach, California
“Great food for a great price”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The portions are very generous and a very reasonable price. The place, to me, is kind of tacky with the checkered red table clothes and the lace window coverings, but I can understand that is kind of the theme. With the amount of food that they give you, you will definitely have leftovers to take home. I tried one of the seafood pastas with scallops in it that were unbelievably fresh.

Visited April 2014
Orange, California
“Share and leave stuffed”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

You'll love the food, that's just a given. The portions aren't huge but they ARE large and can easily be shared. We ordered 2 a la carte meals (which includes the entree and bread) for 3 people and we still took home a small box. The full meals include soup, salad, bread, and the entree. One meal would easily serve 2.
The chicken parmigiana was tender and the basic spaghetti sauce is FABULOUS!!!
Go and share.