“Margherita Pizza Yum”
Review of Canaletto

Canaletto
Reserve with OpenTable
Canaletto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 519 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I order the same thing EVERY time I go to this restaurant located conveniently at Fashion Island - The Marherita Pizza. It's a thin crust creation of perfection. I also always sit in the bar area v. sit down at tables…..the table area seems a little boring while the bar area offers tons of bistro style tables and viewing of tv's (important for sports enthusiasts!). Staff is good. Prices are good.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Another outstanding dinner at Caneletto's on Oct.19th. The regional menu of Lombardia was wonderful, with casonzei pasta filled with Italian sausage, amaretti crumbs and mascarpone in brown butter and sage sauce. Main was Ossobucco which fell from the bone. Birthday dessert of Tiramesu.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went To Newport Ctr., Drive to eat at a different restaurant, but the wait was too long so we went next door to Canaletto, what a surprise it was very high-energy, a party atmosphere, bit noisy but the food was superb and the service was excellent. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were here for a rehearsal dinner for a family member. Our parents arranged the dinner and were very pleased with the personal coordinators and the menu, which was easily accommodated to our party. The staff was incredible, very helpful and friendly, from start to finish. The food was amazing and everyone - from vegetarian to carnivore was pleased. The small room they set aside for us was just the right size. I believe our parents ended up paying less than the estimate, which is always good! We had various pizzas, bruschetta, crostinis, field salads with heirloom tomatoes and butter cookies with fruits. For drinks, there was all kinds of wine, beer and champagne, as well as, some signature drinks.
Very pleasing atmosphere and great staff!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Alright, if you are in Newport Beach, I highly recommend this place. I've recently gone there to celebrate my friend's birthday and we had a long table in a smaller dining room. I must say everything from appetizers to desert and the food was spectacular. Our server was an older Italian guy with a big nose and great sense of humor, very emotional! However, just a reminder, since this is a very nice restaurant and therefore, portions are pretty small. So, if you want to really fill up, it's gonna cost you although I believe you get great quality for the price.