“Best dining experience ever!”
Review of Mama D's Italian

Mama D's Italian
Ranked #1 of 509 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
“Best dining experience ever!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Wow, where to begin? Starting with the service: we had about 45 min wait, as we came on a sat night. During our wait the hostess came by several times with samples of bread and tortellini. Fruit infused water was available and a server came by frequently to offer drinks.Since it was cold they offered blankets to anyone waiting outside. Throughout the entire dinner people were soooo friendly.

Food: a gentleman came by to offer us hand made cheese ravioli, to thank us for our patience. Wow, how awesome, and the ravioli was delicious. Other reviews spoke of the awesome garlic bread. TRUTH! I ordered the meat ravioli and my hubby ordered lasagna with the pink sauce. While I loved my dish, his was even better. Both are great choices! As if the service couldn't get any better, out server brought us some complimentary cookies. As we were leaving he even boxed some extra cookies for us to take To go.

Not only was the food absolutely amazing, but we have NEVER seen service this great. Every single person there was sooooo friendly. They set the bar for great customer service!

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
San Clemente, California
“First time.”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I came for lunch at Mama D's. I read a lot of reviews about it and wanted to try it. From start to finish it was excellent. My server Erin was great. My friend and i ordered different things so we could share them and try out the menu. Everything was good. My favorite though was the bread, shrimp parmesan, and the pesto. They gave us two cookies at the end of our meal and also gave us two raviolis as a taster and a coupon for a appetizer for our next visit. This restaurant has everything that I think makes a place excellent. Service, food, and value. I will come here again to try other things. I can see now what all the talk is about.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Omar N
Newport Beach, California, United States
“Best Italian Food in Newport”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

No wonder there is always a line a Mama D's. The food is delicious! The smell from Mama D's draws people in from blocks away! Their pasta is to die for and you HAVE TO TRY THE PINK SAUCE. Such a simple idea with a great result! Be careful with the bread, it's so good you can fill up quick but that just means more leftovers for tomorrow! Be prepared for a small wait, it's unusual for tables to be empty!

• Visited January 2014
Bayville, New York
“What a Great Italian Restaurant in Newport!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went there for dinner on a Monday night and Maddie waited on us. The food was great and so was the service. We had different appetizers and pasta dishes, all which were fabulous and real "Italian". The service staff work as a team and so many different ones brought our food out. We ordered cappuccinos and since they don't serve that, Maddie, our waitress went out and bought two cups at a coffee shop next door. Amazing! The place is lively, and very busy and they don't take reservations but we went right in at 7 PM with a table for 4. We plan to eat there again before we end our vacation. You won't be disappointed if you choose to dine at Mama D's.

• Visited February 2014
“A very nice dining experience”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Mama D's is located in Newport Beach CA. This was the first time we had dinner here. Service is excellent. Our server Mattie was friendly and it made for a fun evening. The entire staff was amazing. We all enjoyed our dinners. I had Fried Calamari and Shrimp Paragiana with large portions. I enjoyed every bite. It was crowded for a Monday night and little noisy. It was well worth it. It's reasonably priced and we may visit again before we leave CA.
"And that's the way it is"
MegaBob