“Great food and very friendly service”
Review of Mama D's Italian

Mama D's Italian
Ranked #1 of 507 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Sacramento, CA
“Great food and very friendly service”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner at Mama D's while vacationing in Newport Beach. The food was excellent and the staff extremely friendly and welcoming. I had a pasta dish with spicy marinara and the flavors were well balanced and delicious. If we had time during our one week stay I would have eaten here again! I will be back on my next visit to Newport. Highly recommend!

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Wichita, Kansas
“Outstanding Neighborhood Italian Restaurant!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went to Mama D's twice during our one week vacation in Newport Beach a few weeks ago. During both visits, the entire staff was very upbeat, always smiling, and seemed genuinely happy to have us. They certainly do live and breathe their vision/mission statement. They definitely "blow the doors off business as usual!" The server called us by our first names (with our permission) - never had that happen in a restaurant before! Our server was very friendly, efficient, and made great recommendations. The pink sauce is fabulous - just like everyone says, and the lasagna and veal picatta are excellent. Looking forward to going back to Mama D's on our next trip to Newport Beach.

• Visited May 2013
“Great place for good food and good friends!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I love this place. We have been going every Valentines Day for the past 6 years. And other times too, because its so awesome.

The atmosphere can be loud but you have to go there knowing that and expecting it. It's a very homey feel for sure. Definitely not pretentious.

The food is absolutely amazing. Their fettuccini Alfredo makes Olive Gardens taste like crap. Try the Puttenesca or the ravioli with the pink sauce! You won't regret it.

The service is absolutely amazing! Granted, sometimes you have to wait a little, but if you do, the experience is usually exceptional. While waiting, they bring by several different appetizers (bread, meatballs, calamari, etc). Once you're seated, they get right to you and you can begin ordering. Even on crazy nights with large crowds, service is still pretty awesome. Just keep in mind, your servers are human.

I would definitely recommend Mama Ds to anyone who wants delicious food and a good time!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Timothyrodgers88
Aliso Viejo, California
“Good food and great dining experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I decided to go to this place at my wife's birthday and I could not have found a better place to go..!

They really took care of me and my wife. They also give out free appetizers. For average eaters, you might not order appetizers and go with the main course. The bread and oil is already heavy enough.

I had the classic Mama D's dish and it really tasted very good.

I recommend this place for everybody. It is a little bit pricy but worth it for an occasion.

The place is a little crowded and noisy so go early if possible.

1 Thank R0n_15
Allen, Texas
“Fun place. Great food”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went here on a work trip. Staff was very friendly and welcomeing. Food was very good. Planing a return visit next week