1,719 results
All reviews coliseum pool villa pool golf course ocean view bungalow butler service north villas round pool coliseum grill andrea restaurant golf club gelato gas fireplace private patio the ritz pool service huge bathroom four seasons
Reviewed November 7, 2017

I apologize in the delay in writing this review, but my opinion about the customer service has not diminished one iota. I was most pleased to be received at the Villa bar area by Mr. Tim and the Villa pool area by Mr. Karey who both catered to my needs while my room was being prepared for check-in. They both went considerably above the call of their duties. As well, on the next day, Mr. Sean (a Colosseum pool employee who has been using a name tag for a Mr. Thomas) and Ms. Katie (the gift shop attendant) were both extremely kind and accommodating, especially since I had trouble finding the shop and getting back to where I needed to be (given the size of the property). Mr. Karey and Mr. Sean were also considerably jovial, and we had a great conversations which I appreciated. I very much enjoyed my time there, and I was pleased to see so many individuals working there that also loved being on the property. Many thanks to all!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank paragguptaphd
Pelican_Hill_Resort, Manager at The Resort at Pelican Hill, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Hello,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your kind review with us! We believe the memories of your vacation to Pelican Hill should last long after you return home, and I’ve taken this opportunity to personally thank Tim, Karey, Sean and Katie for taking such wonderful care of you during your visit. Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback, and I hope to welcome you back to Pelican Hill very soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this resort for two weeks in December 2016 during Xmas, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The spa, outdoor pool, numerous restaurants and bars, golf course and the various lounges make this resort stand out. It is an exceptional place to stay and relax. It's within a few miles of shopping malls, restaurants and the Newport and Laguna beaches. It's a 10 minute ride to John Wayne Airport. You will have a memorable stay, especially during Xmas and new year.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reza S
Pelican_Hill_Resort, Manager at The Resort at Pelican Hill, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Hello Reza,

Thank you for celebrating Christmas at Pelican Hill! It’s always an honor to be a part of our guests’ special family memories, and I’m so glad to read that you enjoyed a wonderful two weeks exploring all the Resort has to offer. I’ll be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our team, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2017

We got to stay at Pelican Hill with some business partners one weekend. During the day we had invited a large group of guests and at one point even guests in the next door villa stopped by - we must have had a hundred people at one point. It was impressive that the villa could spontaneously accommodate such a large group comfortably. It has a large open kitchen, and along with the dining, living and outdoor patio - the villa was designed for entertaining. We got to stay in the master bedroom suite upstairs - I think there were 4 bedrooms in the villa. The garage could accommodate up to 4 cars, btw.

Basically, this was like staying in a large, luxurious private home with a nice view. While not quite as nice as a multi-million dollar estate, it comes pretty close for a resort. If you share the costs with 3-4 families, its really not that expensive. You get a lot of privacy and a home-like setting versus a hotel suite with resort amenities.

Room Tip: These are villas - like large single family homes. Where we were, the view from the back patio is of the hills and the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Pelican_Hill_Resort, Manager at The Resort at Pelican Hill, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Hello John,

Thank you for sharing your kind review on our Tripadvisor page! Just like you described, the Villas were designed with the goal of combining all the comforts of home with the luxurious amenities of a Resort, and I’m so glad to read that you and your business partners enjoyed your weekend stay with us. We appreciate your thoughtful insight and hope to welcome you all back for another memorable Pelican Hill getaway soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Phenomenal resort, very photo friendly. Palladian architecture (try Andrea for fine dining).Here via many dinners, laughter and learning I decided to make a date into a long term adventure of loving unconditionally. Butler service included with Villas.

Extensive views of the ocean and breezes with Palladian architecture. Gate guards call you by name and you are looked after. Villas include slippers, water and a garage (yes really). Notice bidet in guest bath has a large sprayer and master bedroom is small.

Attention to detail is class and the tiny things do matter most e.g. Golf Club has signature china and shoe attendant. Microwave positioned as to care for patron. Linens are divine and the upgrade and hospitality are most appreciated like the exotic cars and 5 star experiences here.

Room Tip: Only 5 Star will do, little touches made it marvelous! Villas are a win.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank India C

Hello India,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Pelican Hill with us! We agree that the little details are what make a vacation so memorable, and I’m so glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay in the Villas. We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind review with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for another ocean-view getaway soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

This is a pricey place, but worth it. Anywhere you need to go on property they will take you. All you do is ask. They check on your needs frequently. Room service is prompt. In fact, if you fill out the breakfast card, you can set your watch by the delivery of your food. There is a terrific pool and the spa has exceptional offerings.
Everything here is expensive, but there is no better service in all of California. This place is on par with the best resorts in the world.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have umbrellas for sun protection
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeWitt65101

Hello,

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your recent visit to Pelican Hill, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave such thoughtful feedback on our Resort, Andrea, Pelican Grill and Coliseum Pool & Grill Tripadvisor pages. I’m delighted that you had the chance to truly experience all the Resort has to offer but more proud to read that our team is what made your stay that much more memorable. Thank you again for your kind words, and we hope to welcome you back to Pelican Hill very soon!