Hyatt Regency Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$198
$179
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$259
$249
  • Pool
Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)
$194
$178
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
  • Breakfast included
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
$159
$159
Hyatt.com
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$235
$184
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$406
$309
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Newport Channel Inn(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
$153
$143
1,699 results
All reviewscoliseum poolvilla poolgolf coursebutler serviceocean view bungalownorth villasround poolcoliseum grillandrea restaurantgolf clubgelatogas fireplaceprivate patiothe ritzpool servicehuge bathroomfour seasons
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Pelican Hill. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The resort itself is lovely with a beautiful spa and excellent restaurants. The Italian restaurant was excellent and our breakfasts were delicious. The service was very good and they were most accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sondra G
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Beautiful property however service extremely slow. Staff friendly enough however terrible lack of follow up-even complaining to the Assistant General Manager. Room service menu limited not worth the money

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mari A
PelicanHillResort, General Manager at The Resort at Pelican Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful “Italian seaside village,” but regret the unfortunate circumstances surrounding service that you’ve noted here.

I understand your level of disappointment regarding staff follow-up and room service that fell short of your expectations and our goals. As we continuously strive to heighten service levels throughout the resort, I kindly invite you to call me directly to discuss your experience in further detail. I have sent my contact details to you separately in a private message.

Your thoughtful feedback is valued, and I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you about your experience in more detail.

Kind regards,

Giuseppe Lama
Managing Director

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We visited Pelican Hill for a week in March. Let me begin by saying that the property is amazing. The grounds are immaculately maintained and the entire area is pristinely clean. If I were giving a rating for the property alone, it would be a 5. Due to service issues, though, I had to give it a 4.

We were in a one bedroom / two bath bungalow with an ocean view. The bungalows are very large with a bedroom and very large living room area. We also had a private patio with ocean view. It had two lounge chairs and a table with umbrella and chairs. It was lovely to sit outside and enjoy the view and a drink or meal. The bungalow had two large flat screen tvs with bose sound systems. The sound systems were difficult to figure out, but then again, I am not great with such things. The bedroom and living room had sliding glass doors that allowed for a wonderful view of the ocean. The sliders in one of the rooms, however, would not close properly. The baths were large and well appointed. We loved the hotel's own bath products and bought some to bring home as souvenirs. The hotel provides turndown service with chocolates and water, which was appreciated.

The spa was wonderful! They had some awesome rates for weekday services (Monday-Thursday). I received the best massage of my life from Maria P. There is a sauna, steam room and hot tub/pool that may be used before your service. If you are a guest, you may use them for free during your stay. The eucalyptus in the steam room really helped my sinuses after a long flight. While you wait for your service, there are teas, dried fruits, nuts and an ample supply of reading material in the very relaxing room which features soft blankets and a calming water feature.

The fitness room was great, with ample equipment and very clean.

I would love to give the Pelican Hill a 5, but the service was a bit "inattentive". We were there for a week, and it seemed like the front desk staff and bell/door staff (with the exception of Tyler...who was wonderfully friendly) just didn't care about you once you checked in. When requesting a ride using the property transportation, I felt like I was imposing on the guys at the front door. No smiles, no welcome...very weird for a property of this calibur. The drivers, though, were very friendly.

We often had to wait at the Caffe Uno for a very long time just to get a coffee drink. One day, one poor girl was working there by herself and it was packed. Apparently, someone called in sick. She called for help and the executive chef came in and cleared a few tables, but then left!! There was still a long line of customers and he left her alone....meanwhile there were many employees in the lobby milling around at the check in desk who could have lent a hand to help her out and serve the customers. Not the fault of the young lady behind the counter, but it was really something that management should have picked up on immediately.

Room service seemed to take a very long time. One night, it took an hour and 15 minutes to get a meal. Also, the service at the coliseum grill was slow. There was hardly anyone there, yet the food took a very long time to come out. We wised up and if we were under any time constraints, we let them know and then we got our food a bit quicker. Again, you'd expect better service given the price you pay to stay here.

There are some restaurants that we enjoyed that I would like to share. The Beachcomber at Crystal Cove Beach had a fantastic breakfast! It is a nice walk from Pelican Hill or you can take the hotel shuttle. Breakfast served until 11:30, which we loved! We also enjoyed the Mexican restaurant called Javier's. Great food and even better people watching. Modo Mio was great for Italian. Make reservations for any of them on Open Table. There is also a Starbucks at Crystal Cove Promenade if you are a Starbucks person.

Crystal Cove has some wonderful walking/running trails. I saw many, many dolphins and what I think was a whale while I was on the beach.

We enjoyed day trips to Balboa Island and San Juan Capistrano. There is a 1:00 tour at San Juan Capistrano that only cost an extra $3, but was quite enjoyable and informative.

With a bit more attention to providing welcoming and prompt service to the guests, Pelican Hill would be a 5.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room if you can swing it!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank fortwaynemom
PelicanHillResort, General Manager at The Resort at Pelican Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience with us. While I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed Bungalow stay, The Spa and activities in the surrounding area, I understand your level of disappointment regarding service that fell short of your expectations and our goals.

I regret the unfortunate circumstances you encountered, and have taken this opportunity to discuss solutions with the managers of the areas you mentioned. As we continuously strive to heighten service levels throughout the resort, I kindly invite you to call me directly to discuss your experience further and have sent my contact details to you separately in a private message.
Your thoughtful feedback is valued, and I thank you again for providing it here. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Kind regards,

Giuseppe Lama
Managing Director

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Today is our last day and I do not want to go home. This resort is incredible! The staff is great too. Our room was a bungalow that was like a studio apartment with a gas fireplace. The room also had a terrace with a view of the ocean. We had a wet bar and refrigerator. If I had a microwave and/or stove top, it would have been perfect. Believe me though, I was still able to manage. The spa- worth every penny. The restaurants- delicious. We also liked being chauffered around the property in Mercedes cars and Escalades! Pelican Hill is a place I will return to again!

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank drfunches
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The place and overall experience was excellent. I would never spend or stay at a place like this if I had chosen it. But we were invited with all expenses paid. So for that reason I might have a different point of view.
The grounds are immaculate, you feel like if you were somewhere in an Italian village with a view of the Mediterranean. From our bungalow we had a view of the rooftops below us and at a distance the Pacific Ocean.
The room was beautiful. We stayed in bungalow 330 and I can't say that there was anything missing. The bathroom was huge with a set of windows you can open while you're in the bathtub and enjoy the view. About the only thing wrong was the same complaint we heard from everyone "the coffee maker would only brew one cup of coffee, when you clearly put enough water for more coffee". They were aware and told us they were working on getting a different coffee system for the rooms.
If you play golf, what a course!!! I didn't get to play it.
The area around the community of Pelican Hill is beautiful and it feels like you're in the Italian country side. Newport Beach and Balboa Island are close by. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping all around the resort.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't see how there can be a bad room there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple