“Do not waste your hard earned money here.”
Review of Blue Fin Sushi

Blue Fin Sushi
Ranked #188 of 512 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten sushi all over the world, i was very excited for this highly- rated restaurant. I could not get anyone to take my order. When the waiter finally came over, he could not recommend a sake and told me I could read the menu. The lunch specials looked like a good value but my child Only eats California rolls. They offered three California hand rolls with soup for $13 But would not substitute cut rolls. Three cut California rolls without soup were $24. The owner was not interested in hearing why this made no sense. He told me that they did not have a children's menu and I was free to order a la carte if I did not like the set lunch specials. Other than the lunch specials, The prices were the highest I had seen anywhere with most Maki's running close to $25 a piece. Although the food looked quite good We didn't stick around to try it. The owner is rude and does not deserve your money.

1  Thank CapeCodBarbieDoll
There are newer reviews for Blue Fin Sushi

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I realize this is an expensive area and the restaurants are pretty upscale. But this place didn't earn that distinction. While the food was good, it wasn't worth the price and the waiter was less than attentive. It was in a strip plaza, nothing special about the ambiance. One entree was one shrimp cut in half and grilled.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is by far and away the best sushi in the Newport bay area! We now make a habit of coming to it every weekend, eve n though we live in London! The waitresses are also very kind, except one.The prices are mostly good, but sometimes a bit expensive§.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

We routinely eat at Blue Fin. It is far, far better than any other sushi restaurant anywhere in California and just maybe, in the US. It is much more than sushi, all of the food they serve is just great! You can't go wrong with anything. Their Miso glazed fish is just amazing. They also have a great saki list and there are flights also. Blue Fin is a restauant that should be on top of everyone's list. It is the best!

2  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed January 26, 2011

My husband and I got a recommendation from the valet at our hotel and tried it! Great food, cool environment.

1  Thank SamanthaL_112607