“A beautiful view with good food”
Review of Pelican Grill

Pelican Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Pelican Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 520 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pelican Hill Road and Newport Coast Drive
Description: Located at Pelican Hill Golf Club, Pelican Grill presents the quintessential California dining experience, featuring cuisine prepared with the highest-quality fresh and locally sourced foods, al fresco dining on the ocean-view terrace, and a popular lounge with two huge 9' x 6' HD TVs for viewing sports events.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you want to sit on the veranda overlooking the Pacific Ocean with a good cocktail, glass of wine and an appetizer or stay for lunch or dinner, you've found the right place. It's very relaxing with good service and atmosphere. You will enjoy!

1  Thank jerkyking

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were greeted by the charming hostess Krystal with her mega-watt smile.We asked for a table on the patio with an Ocean view. Our waiter was Kevin and he is professional and very helpful with the menu.You can tell he loves what he does. My friend had a Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken ...yummy! I ordered the Cobb salad with a Balsamic dressing..very good! While we were dining the Manager Sorin stopped by our table and he is delightful and has a marvelous European accent.Then to our surprise Sous Chef Michael even dropped by to see if we liked our food.
I must say that for View ,ambiance,service and Fabulous Food...you have to go! I see why this Restaurant is rated the #2 out of 320 restaurants in Newport Beach.They aim to please..and they do.Ask for Kevin to serve you if he is available.
Also free valet! Where do you get that.
Pelican Grill makes me happy to be alive!

5  Thank PeggyChism
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I went to the restaurant at about 9pm so we didn't get the view but we just loved this place. Our waiter was great. He was like an actor on broadway who was deep into the run of the show but still found ways to keep the show fun and lively. All of the food was delicious. My wife and brother-in-law had the lamb and they said it was close to the best they've had. I had the halibut and having grown up in Nova Scotia I know what good halibut is and this was very fresh. All of the drinks were very good as well. This place is 5 star in every way and if you are looking for that kind of experience, especially for a birthday or anniversary you won't be disappointed. The diners seemed to be of a more mature nature, so if you are looking for a young, happening place this wouldn't be it. The bar area is really nice but my Swedish In-laws pointed out that the bar area was beautiful except for two giant flat screens on the wall that really didn't fit the sophisticated look of everything else but then again... it is a bar and this is America. You got to have the football.

1  Thank hampdenLosAngeles
Reviewed August 10, 2013

although not as formal or expensive as their flagship, andrea's, it has a great view of the ocean and sunset, nice varied menu and great bar area with two huge TV's for sporting events. perfect for lunch or taking a nice off for a huge and expensive dining experience.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great view, lovely place.

Water was good, a little too much at times, sort of treating us like we'd never been outside gomerville, USA. (not true, 4 savvy travelers). But it was a fun time, lovely lovely setting. food quite good.

Would go back.