“Simple but eleglance”
Review of Pelican Grill

Pelican Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Pelican Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pelican Hill Road and Newport Coast Drive
Description: Located at Pelican Hill Golf Club, Pelican Grill presents the quintessential California dining experience, featuring cuisine prepared with the highest-quality fresh and locally sourced foods, al fresco dining on the ocean-view terrace, and a popular lounge with two huge 9' x 6' HD TVs for viewing sports events.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We love to go for breakfast at this place since it is very comfortable and good service. Food is also excellent.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The sunset view from the patio was the original attraction, but the ambiance, attentive service & great food keep bringing us back. It's a place where you'll drop a few $$$s but have lasting memories. Share it with the special people in your life!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had dinner here for the first time with a group of 7. Every single detail was attended to by the great staff. Their pretzel bread is amazing and the best I've ever had. Their appetizers are pretty good too. We had the lobster rolls, bruschetta, and ahi tuna tartar. All were very good. I had the the diver scallops for dinner and it did not disappoint. We ordered 4 strawberry soufflés and they were rich and delicious. Overall it was a great meal, but at those prices it should be.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I just had a beautiful Sunday brunch there this past weekend. I have been here multiple times, both day and evening - sitting in the dining room, bar, and outside. The views are spectacular during the day time. The food and wine is pricey, but it is very expected at an upscale golf course resort and restaurant. The complimentary pretzel bread is a nice treat. They have a fabulous shrimp cocktail too, yum!

This last visit, we got the Eggs Benedict with crab instead of bacon since I do not eat pork, the gigantic Omlete, and the mac and cheese with truffle. WOW, the mac and cheese was exquisite, so worth the fat and calories!!! A definite must.

They have a wonderful selection of wines or cocktails. The service is pretty good, at times, your server can disappear for a while, depending upon your seating. They have valet parking and self parking in a covered structure lot, which is a convenient option.

I really like this place as a regular patron, and next time, I will definitely order their brioche french toast, as they sound quite tasty. Great date idea or for an elegant social gathering. This place is fabulous for superbowl too, due to their large screens on the bar dining room. Looking forward to coming back again and again and again!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My overall experience was great although the service was a bit off after we ordered our main meal. I took my husband and his friends to the Grill to celebrate his birthday before their golf outing at 1 pm. The food was amazing...I ordered the crab fritatta and boy was it flavorful!
The hubby got eggs benedict and said the eggs were cooked perfectly.
My son ordered the mac & cheese and small order of the french toast. Both were amazing and he mostly ate the french toast (naturally)!
Our meal was great however we had to flag down our waitress multiple times to get refills on our drinks so I didn't feel that it was a 5 star dining experience.
Will definitely return the next time we stay over at the resort!