“Beautiful location to enjoy a meal or beverage.”
Review of Newport Landing

Newport Landing
Ranked #18 of 507 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Cypress, California
“Beautiful location to enjoy a meal or beverage.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Looking forward to returning! Enjoyed the food & the wine. Had a portobello & smoke mozzarella on a bun. Delish. The view is spectacular!

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Good, not Great”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We are vacationing from the East Coast with friends and Newport Landing was recommended by some friendly locals we met on Wednesday (7/3). We had dinner last night inside (the dockside dining area was crowded). There were approximately 10 others dining in the same area. The service was average (the waitress never smiled and seemed to be having an off night). Our fare included Alaskan Halibut for $32 (ok), Hawaiian Nut Opakapaka $25 (very good) and two (2) lobster and filet medallions $32 (excellent).

The highlight of the evening was the valet parking attendant (Matt). He had a most helpful attitude and had several, what we hope will be, great suggestions for parking and enjoyment this coming evening (the 4th of July).

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MarkS719
Longview, Texas
“Good food, cold beer and great view!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This restaurant and oyster bar stands out from most of the other options in Balboa Village.
The service personal are extremely friendly and efficient. The view from the upstairs bar and dining room is spectacular. This is a great place to spend a long lunch time.

• Visited June 2013
Lake Dallas, Texas
“Not impressed”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went here on a Monday early evening for dinner. Ordered an appetizer, 3 rib-eyes and 1 filet. My appetizer went to 2 other tables before being brought back inside (we were on the patio down stairs). A while later, the appetizer was brought to our table. I asked the waiter, is this the same one that's been passed around to the other tables? He chuckled & said yeah, sorry. Needless to say, because it was chilly out, the scallops weren't hot. And not very good. The sauce was tasty, the scallops not good. Here comes the steaks. Everyone got their steak, mine, the filet. He handed me a rib-eye. When I asked where the filet was, he was like woops. And thought I would be ok with eating it. Well, no. I don't eat rib-eyes, too fatty (for me!). So while everyone else ate, I sat there. I get my steak med-well. So you can imagine how long I had to wait. Everyone is done eating & there's my steak! The worst steak I have tried to eat in my life. Not only was it cooked to barely a med, it tasted like it was thrown on the coals of the fire. Not sure what the taste was, but I took a few bites & pushed it aside. The waiter brought us dessert in hopes to make up for his mistake. BUT there are something's that can't be undone. It was our 23 anniversary...... I went home starving.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 1vandal
“Quaint restaurant by the bay with great food”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This place was a pleasant surprise. I ate dinner there with three other people, one being vegan. The staff accommodated her wishes. I had the potato encrusted salmon which I thought was fantastic. Another friend had the Hawaiian nut opakapaka. I had a bite of his and found it too, wonderful. What impressed me was the presentation of the food. The chef did a nice job. We also ordered two desserts. Once again the presentation was outstanding. One could tell that time was taken in preparation of the food.

• Visited February 2013