“SODIUM HIGH”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Newhall
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 4, 2013

At least this chain restaurant is printing it's calories on the menu, but they might not want to advertise the sodium content. Sirloin steak (light seasoning /woodburned/med rare) was tough & grayish - baked potato and broccoli side - plain and simple right? - so why the super salty taste for hours? Wife (lobster tails) had same reaction. We've tried OB a few times over the years (usually when choices are so limited) and remember and regret each time. Hopeful this will be the last.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was a good Outback. I know it's a chain, but we have been to several Outback restaurants and some are just better than others. This one was clean, the employees were upbeat and did a good job. The food was also good.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The food was excellent, but the service was pretty slow. We don't have the Outback in Canada but we generally try to visit them we we're down in the USA. Great steaks and large portions overall.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I don't like eating alone so I drove over from the Fairfield Inn and took my meal back. I can attest to the parking lot issue mentioned - one oblivious driver can mess up the entire flow.

Since my drive took all of 30 seconds I arrived a little early and the order wasn't quite together. The staff was friendly and by the time I finished paying they had it all ready to go. They provided plates, utensils, butter, and napkins so I could eat like a civilized person at my desk. The side portions were large and weren't over-spiced. My steak was cooked as requested. What more could I want? Overall good experience.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We eat here about 4 or 5 times a year. Their food is awesome and I always feel guilty about the calories but well deserving of an extra hour workout the next day at the gym!