“Great Food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Good pasta, seafood and pizza. Reasonable prices.
Been here several times, they also deliver.

Reviewed February 11, 2011

Third trip tonight and the first not great experience. First off, try the place. The Sauteed Scallops and Shrimp Linguini are to die for. The service hasn't been great on any of three times I've been there. I think they care and give an effort so I guess it might be their training. Service has been borderline inattentive (although not rude or dismissive) on all three visits.

Tonight was the only "negative experience. I ordered the "Roasted Half Chicken with Mushroom Cream Sauce and Fried Red Potoatoes." What came out was definitely not a half chicken and had Russett pototoes vice red. It was still delicious and I had no issue with paying for the meal but I did point it out to the server. He said he would check with the kitchen which I appreciated. This is where it went downhill. He completely avoided our table after this and I nearly had to grab him when he dropped off our check. I asked what the kitchen had to say and he stated "It was a half chicken but looked smaller since it was deboned and we only have red pototoes." Now my intelligence was insulted but I didn't feel the need to make a scene in this small family restaurant. It was nowher near a half chicken and the pototoes were not red (maybe he misspoke). Once again, not a huge deal as I was only trying to point out a discprency on their menu but they blew me off. Not sure if I'll go again.

Reviewed April 22, 2010

My favorite restaurant for seared ahi tuna... The ginger vinaigrette dressing and the fried leeks are a winning combination on the salad and so enjoyable. Be sure to order extra garlic rolls, as you simply cannot get enough of them, as well. It's always a pleasure to dine there, or call for take out.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 9, 2008

Pizza is a must here but it is all good with other food too

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 9, 2008

This small restaurant stuck in a corner of an older strip mall is the best restaurant in Newbury Park. There really is no comparable place. The food is consistently terrific. It's owned by an Asian couple with Mexican chefs but they turn out the best Italian food in a 20 mile radius and it's extremely reasonable!! I've lived in the area for years, and I can assure you I've eaten at all the local restaurants and keep going back to Cafe Topanga because it is simply the best around.

1  Thank regalaone