“A Mediterranean Oasis in Newbury Park - Delicious!”
Review of Ali Baba

Ali Baba
Ranked #33 of 94 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were introduced to Ali Baba in Newbury Park (and its sister restaurant in Simi Valley) by friends over a year ago, and have been coming back ever since! I knew we were in for a tasty treat when we were greeted by the incredible aromas of something cooking - I was instantly hungry! A great family restaurant that features generous portions of delectible middle-eastern dishes. Wonderful and exotic flavors will satisfy - from their light and crispy falafels, to their tasty chicken of beef shawarmas. We frequently enjoy the "Small Family Combo" meal which has great selections from their menu that easily feeds our hungry family of four ( Chicken or Beef Shawarma, Chicken Kebab, 6 Falafels, rice, Baba's Salad and 4 pita bread). Always consistent quality, nice portions, and very quick service.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Both locations of this mini "chain" are always busy. The area has a dirth of small ethnic restaurants so it's wonderful to find one that does it well. Just enough spice to make it interesting along with good service and a well priced menu of all the staples of the region.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Ali Baba;s dishes up some fantastic takes on Middle Eastern cuisine. There's originality in the preparation, sincerity in the service, and huge value in these low prices, large portions, and quality ingredients. And save room for the baklava, which comes in a big slab yet costs just $1.99. The Turkish coffee at $3.99 comes in a teapot filled to its brim with thick, rich, caffeinated hi-test goodness.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I keep meaning to try more dishes but the beef shawarma is just so good I can't more. Nice small place, good food and a great staff and owner.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

I thought I'd get a quick lunch and ordered the chicken curry as a bench mark dish. I was great! perfectly seasoned with grilled veggies, salad, bread and I couldn't stop eating until it was all gone. Very nice owner who also supports the community. I will be back for sure.

1  Thank christso