“Brats?”
Review of Brats Brothers - CLOSED

Brats Brothers
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Brats Brothers is a gourmet sausage grill and German restaurant in Newbury Park. We offer a variety of traditional and exotic bratwursts, an array of tasty side dishes, wiener schnitzel, spaetzel and a huge selection of premium beers.Our bratwursts include pork, beef, veal, chicken, turkey, ostrich, duck, buffalo, elk, alligator and kangaroo. We source our products from award-winning small business providers, ensuring we only serve the best available. Brats Brothers loves offering specials off our menu to highlight great seasonal items. Our beer selection is vast and includes many German and European selections, like Spaten, Paulaner, Hofbrau, Erdinger, Fraziskaner, Chimay and many more.Our restaurant is truly a unique setting, reminiscent of the inside of a tent at Germany’s famed Oktoberfest in Bavaria. It truly ads to the quality food and beer we serve.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This food is so so - mainly for a bar atmosphere after staying here. We had the sampler. We tried several of the brats this way. wish the brats were not so small for trying - especially for two people. The service could have been better - the waiter worried about the table buying drinks and not us. We don't drink alcohol - so we are used to being ignored. We may go back but are not making any plans soon. Sorry...

Roland R, Owner at Brats Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Sorry to hear you weren't more impressed! It's not like us to have less than stellar service, so I appreciate you letting me know about it. Regardless of what our guests are ordering, we try to maintain the same excellent service for everyone. I'm sorry if this wasn't the case with your party. I'd be happy to mention your feedback to the rest of the team. In the meantime, I'd love to see you in for another visit one of these days. I think we've got what it takes to knock your socks off.

Best,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Be ready...go if you're looking for a loud German party, which would have been fun except that our service was really poor. It always drives me crazy at a restaurant when you are seated but have to wait for a server to come by to take your drink order. Having been a waiter in my teenage/early adult years, I know how important it is that people are acknowledged shortly after seating so they can soon thereafter get a drink in their hands. We waited a long time and finally had to flag someone down...and then she got a bit persnickety when we told her that we thought we had been forgotten. Unfortunately, this was representative of our overall service experience...slow and unresponsive. It even took a while to get our bill at the end!
Otherwise, the brat sampler was good, my kids loved their sausages, and the sides were good except for the pasty, Mac n Cheese-like spaetzle.

Roland R, Owner at Brats Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

It definitely sounds like we could have stepped it up a notch with the service, and for that I apologize. That being said, you're absolutely right about the service formalities. Someone should have gotten you a drink sooner. I'd be happy to talk to the team about your experience with us. In the meantime, I hope you'll consider giving us a second shot — I know we've got what it takes to impress you!

Best,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

FABULOUS!!! The food is simply outstanding and the beer selection is truely remarkable. An extensive selection of brats and traditional German food. Jaegersnitzel with spatezel and mushroom sauce is the best I have had. Do not miss the apple strudel. live music on fri, sat, sun adds a festive and fun atmosphere. Service, while very accommodating, could be a little better. Will definitely be going back.

Roland R, Owner at Brats Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We're proud to be fabulous in your book! I'd be thrilled to let the kitchen know what a fantastic job they're doing. As for the service, I'll let them know about your concerns as well. In the meantime, I hope we can expect to see you in this weekend for a bite to eat and a bit of live music!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My boyfriend has had lunch there before but it was my first time. He had recommended this restaurant to me. I loved that when you walk in, you are immediately transported to Germany. The décor and ambiance is amazing. The waitress and hosts are very nice. We were sat and immediately waited on. Our food came out promptly. We ordered the Brat Pockets which were the best puff pastry I've ever had. We shared the Big Cheese which worked out perfectly. We finished everything on our plates! Waitress came by to refill our teas and was very attentive to our needs & wants. I can't wait to go back and check it out when they have live music there. The gift shop is a bonus! Loved it!!

Roland R, Owner at Brats Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

From start to finish, it sounds like we knocked it out of the park! Thanks for the wonderful review, Sara. I'm thrilled to hear everything was delicious and the service was superb. Next time you're craving a taste of Germany, I hope we can expect to see you and your boyfriend in for another visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am from Germany so I know what it is all about. I saw that they were on the show "DDD" so my expectations were high. I would say if you are looking for there Munich taste of beer and food and have never been in Munich, then go there. The beer is original and really good. The food is average for my taste especially as I had high expectation. Nevertheless I would go again. It is a good place for friends or if you want to take you team out for a October Fest experience

Roland R, Owner at Brats Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thanks for checking us out, Alex! Coming from a pro like yourself, it means a lot that you enjoyed yourself; however, I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the food more. I'm very curious to what you ordered—I'd like nothing more than to investigate this further with the kitchen. On a different note, I'm pleased you had such a great time with us otherwise. We'd definitely love to see you and your friends in for the ultimate October fest experience when the time comes!