“Great Southern Food”
Review of N'Awlinz Bistro - CLOSED

N'Awlinz Bistro
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We introduce Southern Hospitality with a true New Orleans character. This cuisine has been a part of my culture for over 30 years and it is beyond a passion to bring it to life in the Conejo Valley. When you enter our Bistro you are welcomed and offered a sample of our File'roux based Gumbo. Our "SLOW" Smoked BBQ done to perfection with a Jamaican Jerk BBQ Sauce, all of our seafood is marinated and flambe'in Brandy & Garlic and finished off in a Lobster & Shrimp Etouffee'Sauce.The Po'Boyz', with our toasted "G BREAD" what can I say, it is SPOT ON. On behalf of my partner George Pero and myself Chef Marcus Webster, we thank you for your support.
Thousand Oaks, California
“Great Southern Food”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is authentic Louisiana style southern cajun food. If you have had, and enjoy true Louisiana food you WILL love this place; If you haven't then it will be a great experience. I went in for the first time, and had lived in the south myself I was skeptical what to get. One of the owners by the name Mr. Webster noticed I wasn't sure what to get, so he gave me some samples as well as explained how it was prepared.

• Visited November 2012
jazzybluesfoods, Owner at N'Awlinz Bistro, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you, our Southern Hospitality is very friendly and you can never come into our house without a sample of something and if it is overlooked, just simply ask and we got you! Chef Marcus

Southern California
“done right”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have been in only 3 times and the owner is always there making my order. When I look into his eyes, I can tell how passionate he is about this food. I spoke with him at length once and found out his background. He is a true New Orleans chef and the dishes he makes are proof of that. I am craving it right now on this cold rainy night. The ONLY reason I don't frequent this establishment more often is that my younger children don't like the even the slightest bit if spiciness but my older teenager loves this place as do I. Try the seafood jambalaya.

• Visited September 2012
Wow, we love it, but to let you know, for the kids, just ask and we will do it their way, no spiciness if that is what is requested. Everything on the menu is not spicy so for kids we have now included Chicken Stripz & Chips and our Smoked Tri Tip should be to their liking. Chef Marcus
Camarillo, California, United States
“What a lucky find!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife bought a groupon for a teeth whitening, while see went in I took a walk and 2 door down was this restaurant! 10 Days later we were back to try it out for a late lunch. Half way through lunch we realized that we had shown up right before they closed until dinner at 5 o'clock! After apologizing to our waiter we were assured that there was no problem! The food was beyond amazing! Their menu gives you a choice between lil boy and big boy portions aka 16 and 32oz's. This is a 20 min drive for us and I could care less if i lived 90 mins away I will always make every effort to eat at this super yummylicious establishment!

• Visited September 2012
Jason, thank you for the kudos, we strive for excellence and we value your support and comments. Chef Marcus
Newbury Park
“Taste of the Bayou in Newbury Park - Wonderful!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Enjoy a taste of the Bayou Country in Newbury Park. Chef Marcus' authentic Cajun creations will surely satisfy. We've enjoyed many of the menu items and specials, and have been very pleased with every one! The po'boys (pulled pork, tri-tip and fried oyster) are to die for! The crispy-fried catfish is moist and flavorful. The chicken and andouille sausage gumbo has just the right amount of spice and robust flavors. The crawfish etoufee is also a dish not to miss. Go with a group and share or come back to make sure you've tried all your favorites on the menu. Nice outdoor sidewalk cafe seating or indoor tables are available in the new dining room addition. Very friendly and attentive staff too. We're very glad to have this delicious addition to our Newbury Park eateries!

• Visited August 2012
Thank you for such a fantastic review, we are so excited to be a part of this very cool community and we look forward in growing with you. Our style is truely unique and authentic, from scratch and as southern as it gets. All of our meats are "down home öld school style" with real hickory & pecan wood with a touch of love. Chef Marcus
Thousand Oaks
“My new favorite restaurant in town”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband took me out for my birthday. I'd heard good things about this place and boy were they right!. It's a tiny place (29 people in the dining room + some tables out front. They have a separate take-out area too. The chef knows his way around Cajun. We tasted the Gumbo, which was excelent, but left a full bowl for another time. My husband had the specials menu appetizer which was Blue Corn Pancakes (four small ones on the plate) each topped with smokey pulled pork and pico de gallo and followed it with Bourbon Street Jambalaya. I had Voodoo Chicken stuffed with sundried tomatoes, spinach, crimini mushrooms and feta cheese, served with a white wine sauce with grilled vegetable fettucini. The brandy bread pudding is amazing served with a chocolate sauce and candied pecans. There is no other restaurant in the area where you can get po boys, crawfish, alligator sausage, blackened cat fish or etouffee. I just hope it doesn't get so busy that we can't get in.

• Visited September 2012
Thanks for an amazing review, we are so proud of what has been accomplished, our staff is second to none and will always go out of the way to make you feel at home, as far as the food, it is our passion and pleasure to make it a memorable occasion for everyone, we know you have several great places to visit and we love when you come back in. Chef Marcus