Premier Inns Thousand Oaks
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Newbury Park
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights during last week of March 2013. The hotel is in a good location and easy access from the major freeway networks. I had read a few bad reviews before I stayed, and was sceptical and on the lookout for anything out of place mentioned by other guests. I was in and out of the hotel at all times of day and night, but didn't see a lot of people around. I wasn't disturbed during my sleep, but I must say that the small cockroaches in the dressing/sink area caught my attention. They must find a solution for that problem. The shower head in the room I stayed needs attention. If I am in the area, I don't mind staying there. Ample parking.

Room Tip: Stay for location and easy access. Free from traffic. Good to take walks
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Me and my wife had some bad experience with that hotel. I made a reservation through booking.com site and everything seemed ok. After we had drove several hundred miles from SF to Newbury Park, they questioned my reservation. Caucasian guy with a goatie was rude to us and tried to convience me that my booking was all rained down, because I didnt make any phone confirmation. I showed him their booking.com ad on my iPad indicating that there wasn't any statement about special condition like phone confimation. If it hadnt been for long and exhausting trip I would just let it go and choose some other place. Thanks to the woman, who also worked at front, we got the room key.

The room seemed fine in the beginning, but after day or so, we noticed some shady people walking around. Heard some fights in the middle of the night. One time when I woke up in the middle of the night and went to have a glass of water, what really freaked me out was seeing COCKROACHES on counter top. You get the picture.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlieFrown
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at the Premier Inn on 2/16/2013. When we checked in, the girl they had working at the front was very rude to my husband when she was asked a simple question about the coffee. We looked past that and thought maybe she was just having a bad day. After getting into our room we discovered trash under the bed as well as a used condom in the bath tub. When we were ready to retire for the night, the motel became very loud especially the room next to us. They were high on drugs and smoking their crack right in front of our room at midnight. We notified the front desk that we were unable to sleep because of the druggies loud conversation and they assured us they would take care of it, after more than an two hours later, my husband ended up going outside to tell them to shut the hell up, but not before waking my 8 month old son at 2am who then refused to fall back asleep. I think sleeping in our car would have been more enjoyable than the horrible night provided to us by this fine (NOT) establishment.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank bkrislyn
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was the worst place where I have ever stayed. I found a cockroach in the room, and the carpet was so disgusting with dark stains all over it. The worst part was the shady and scary-looking people that were constantly hanging out all over the place at all hours of the night. They were sometimes in groups and would stop talking to check out every person that came to the building and when you went to your room. Even the night front desk clerk was congregating with these guests and staring at everyone. It was very creepy! Also, there were cars coming and going and people hanging out by their cars. It was obvious that these people were down and out, and many of them were living there. Also, my card key would stop working several times after I tried to hurry to get to my room with my hands full and then had to go to the damn office for them to fix it...a real pain! So this is a warning. All the bad reviews are true! Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tanabata
Reviewed August 14, 2012

If we could have stayed there - but when I arrived they had given my reservation away - said they were overbooked and now all full up They guy also said we've been selling out every night. I called the same day I wanted to stay to make a reservation, they had a room and said that I could check in as early as 10am, In which I responded that I won't be there to much later in the evening. I was a little naive when they didn't ask for my credit card information, but figured if they have a availability for the same day I probably don't have to worry about it. Would be nice if they would have mentioned the what there policy was, esp since they were selling out. Only reason I gave them 2 stars was they told me to go to find a room, it was right down the street, had availability and was the same price and quality.

Room Tip: Pay ahead of time or go somewhere else - in my case America's Best Value inn.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I don't understand the bad reviews here, for me it was just a normal night stop during my trip. I had a comfortable and clean bed to sleep, and a hot shower at a cheap price.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Miguel M
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The neighborhood is a just that, a hood. When you arrive, everybody is watching you. I saw people on their balconies watching me, in their cars, walking around. This hotel is primarily a residence for people who rent week to week. After staying there, I found out the area has car break ins all of the time. Luckily, when I took all of my stuff out of the car including my bike and the bike carrier, I remembered to lock the car. The facilities are nice. Just, be careful to lock your doors and keep your valuables close.

Room Tip: We were placed next to the game/laundry room. Fortunately, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks
Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County

Been to Premier Inns Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!