“Wonderful for Lunch or Dinner!”

Holdrens Steaks and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Holdrens Steaks and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have dined here many times and have always had delicious food and great service. Cocktails are very good and happy hour is a good deal. Love that the dinner meals come with soup or salad. Salads are great at lunch time. The service has always been most helpful. So glad Holdren’s is in our neighborhood.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I recently spent the night in Thousand Oaks. The hotel's receptionist recommended a neighboring restaurant, Holdren's. I was expecting so-so "on-the-road" kind of food. But the staff and menu take me by surprise! I arrived late, but the staff were gracious and accommodating. I was served by Daron, one of the best servers I've ever experienced. I questioned him about the menu and his opinion and rather than just hurriedly recommending just anything, he asked me about my likes. He recommended Caramelized Apple & Walnut Salad and the sirloin with their Rosemary blue cheese reduction sauce, along with a Ferrari-Carano Siena. WOW! What an excellent meal!!! I will plan to stop again, this time on purpose, the next time I travel south.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We met friends for happy hour and it's a nice, cozy restaurant and friendly staff. The happy hour drinks were $5.00 and the food choices were good. The restaurant is right across from the 101 freeway.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed a business dinner at the restaurant and the food was excellent. On a weekday night just after the Happy Hour it was noisy.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The steak was so tasty with the special sauce on the side. The baked stuffed potato had bacon and chives in the potato with a cheddar drizzle over the potato. Mmmm. The one thing we did not like was the noise level. Ouch! However, the dinner was good, service was very good, friendly staff, and wonderful experience otherwise.