Americas Best Value Inn-Thousand Oaks
Courtyard
$76
Motel 6
  • Pool
Palm Garden Hotel(Thousand Oaks)
$175
$117
$84
QualityInn
$127
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our stay Sunday, July 21st was the most scariest experience for me as a adult. The screaming and banging against the walls coming from the room next door kept me up all night staying on guard to make sure my family was safe. This hotel is not family friendly with all the prostitutes and drug users. I called front desk all night when phone worked to complain and they would just knock very loudly on the next door but it did not resolve the problem nor shut the neighbors up. She turned out to be a drug user with others in her room who found violence I guess as a way to pass time. Police in the area were not much help because they would just accept the promise made by violent bloody faced neighbors that they would be quite and compliant so police would just leave and front desk would just make the excuse that the party next door was very drunk. If you can stomach this type of atmosphere hotel is fine but if you are a family with children think of your kids. My kids are teenagers but this experience was very scary and stomach turning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped at this place coming home to San Jose on a road trip from San Diego CA, we didn't reserve any hotel and we were extremely tired, all we wanted was to sleep, it was already 3:00 am and we had been driving with no luck to find a hotel so we drove off the freeway to this place, all we wanted was to rest for 2 or 3 hours. I went up the late night window and the lady told me there were still rooms available, she said it would be 55.00 dollars a night, the hotel looked ok from the outside so I took the room with double beds. As we entered the room it was like going into a hotel room from the 70s but all I wanted to do was sleep so I took the covers off the bed and only left the white sheet, NEVER, NEVER taking my sandals off in the dirty carpet. I had to use the bathroom it was plain and looked abandoned with tape on the shower door and the towels looked very old torn and dirty. The tv volume didn't work, the ac when turned on started smelling like burnt, I only slept 2 or 3 hours and was on my way, didn't even tough anything else I felt disgusted but didn't want to be out on the street.

Room Tip: don't go here even if it's the last hotel available. I am still disgusted.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The good thing is that while this facility goes is getting renovated and upgraded, it does have the lowest prices anywhere, which is exactly what I wanted. The room that were were given was okay, considering the price. Bed was King Size was nice and firm. But, we were promised a microwave and refrigerator but did not have one for us. That was a big disappointment. As there was construction going in their office, there seemed to be confusion in being able to service us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 9businesstraveler
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Walked in the door - bathroom had stains everywhere. Walls had stains running down them. Pool hadn't been used or repaired in forever!
Went to the desk and demanded my money back. Went to a new hotel. The manager didn't even check my room before he rented it to someone else. Poor gal!

Room Tip: go to another place for a better room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank finleytraveler
Reviewed March 20, 2013

There is no way to adequitly describe how BAD this place is. Let's start with the room. If you like a real third world feeling, this is the place for you. No soap, bad water, a tolet cover that moves when you sit on it, all this comes with the room. Throw in bugs, no toilet paper and you get the real feel for the place. However, not all is lost. It was different watching the hookers close a deal and backed up with the drug deals going down. Don't see that where I come from. Should it be on a "Bucket List"? Just asking.

Bottom line, reference the title to this little review.

Room Tip: All I can say is not here. My friends here in Thousand Oaks say the Priemier Inn is worth a look.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo