“Very good Mexican food; low prices; nice people!!”
Review of El Sancho Loco

El Sancho Loco
Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Located in an old Taco Bell, ambiance isn't really all that, but the food and service are terrific. My faves are the carne asada California burrito (huge!) and the pastor tacos with pineapple. Food is consistent and delicious!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Let Me start this review by saying, I no longer reside within Minutes of ESL. I now live out of state in a small town named Pahrump Nevada. They say they have Mexican Food, But Their ability to cook Proper Mexican Food is about as good as my attempting to make Ethiopian Brunch Food.

After driving over 300 miles and very Hungry, My best friend asked me where I wanted to go to Dinner, The Choices ranged from Maestro's For a Steak to Eggs and Things for a Sandwich. Without a seconds deliberation, I said "Lets get ESL. I was craving Mexican food for Months and could not wait to say hello to my little friend (The Carnitas Taco!)
This time Iand my friend took a walk on the wild side, We both had the Carnitas Plate, It was loaded with copious amounts of the Porky Goodness swimming in its own Juices, Refried Beans or Black Beans Depending if that extra 20 seconds of life added to your Life is important to you. LoL, I, however through caution to the wind, and went with the cheese topped Re-friend Beans. We also had a choice between fresh tortilla Either Corn or Flour, Both Hand made, and Both Yummy.
The Food Came is a few Minutes, The Plates were loaded to the top, and then some. There was so much food, a normal person could have easily made it into a second meal at a later time.
Needless to say, that was not the case, on this day anyway.
The Value For Money Screams good value here, The Food is wonderful, The Service is attentive, and the entire process is favorable..
I spent a week in Town this trip, Fast forward to Friday afternoon, 2 days prior to Easter Sunday.
It was again my choice to pick where we would fill our insatiable Hunger pangs.. And, Again, I choose ESL.
This time I had a Taco Combination, 2 Soft Carnitas Tacos, and 2 El Pastor With Pineapple. The thought was to have 2 of them for lunch, and have 2 for dinner. But, Alas, Plans never seem to work out. I had to order 4 more tacos to take away. Again, whether it was my tacos, or my friends Combo Plate, The Meat was superb. Tender, Juicy and Delicious.
It was the First Place I ate when I arrived, and one of the last when I left. I even went so far as to take 4 tacos back with me to my home in Nevada. My Plan was to take them to the restaurant by my home, Slide them to the Cook, and let him see what real down home Tacos should taste like, But again, Plans seem to never come to fruition when they have to do with ESL.

I sill be back there in 3 weeks, I will be bringing a small cooler just perfect to fit at least a dozen tacos..
Carry on the great work, I just wish you would open up a small Taco truck here where I live. I would be there at least 4 days a week
Rick

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

The people there are super nice but the food was okay. The Burritos were kind of bland:( I don't think ill be going there again.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I found this place at the beginning of the year and found it great. It has been consistently the best Mexican Resturant in the area. I even arranged them to cater a Sunday dinner for the family and they didn't let me down. Great prices and authentic food.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

This was a nice surprise. Its a small mexican restaurant in what looks like a defunct chain fast food place. They serve up some nice chili and beans, topped with eggs. Very reasonably priced. The service is fast and friendly. Nothing fancy. They have horchata and mexican coke. I will try this place for lunch or dinner some time.

1  Thank Hitcher84