“Potential to be a great Hotel-”

Chase Suite Hotel Newark
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here for one night in a 2 bedroom suite which was quite spacious.
But that's where the plus points end.

I know this place when is was the Woodfin hotel 10 years ago and there has been no updates since!
a) Front desk can use some hotel etiquette 101- No smile, courtesy or cheer.
b) The instructions and the phone calls get so abruptly answered and over with you feel reprimanded!
c) if you are looking for a non-smoking hotel DO NOT Stay here- Even their non- smoking rooms are reeking of smoke! When I called the front desk- a lady by the name of Bali- was not at all apologetic and instead of offering us a alternate suite sent housekeeping to 'spray up' the room with room fresher!
d) The couches and chairs in the rooms are badly stained and worn out- you wouldnt want to sit on them! I had to spread additional sheets on the couches before I made my kids sit! Awful!
e) The kitchen is appropriately equipped.
f) This Place is loud! We could hear television noise, people talking till after 12pm-

This place is appropriate and is catering to construction workers- you see trucks upon trucks parked in the lot. Not a kid/family friendly place at all!

Hope folks find my review helpful in making an informed decision.

Room Tip: Good hot Breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank SSUCHH
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

I want to thank you for giving us your feedback. I do apologize our accommodations and service did not meet your expectations Additionally, I appreciate that you have provided us with specific details that will allow us to make improvements. I appreciate your kind words about our spacious suites. I can assure you our hotel is 100% Non-Smoking and I'm actually quite appalled at the fact that our rooms smelled like smoke. We always strive to keep our hotel completely smoke free and deep clean our rooms if for any reason someone did smoke in the room (against hotel policy) prior to the next guest checking in. Again, thank you so much for your feedback.

Sincerely, Bali Kaur, AGM, Chase Suite Hotel Newark

Reviewed June 11, 2014

DON'T stay here! GO to a motel 6..at least you'll know what to expect. We chose this place
cause it had a pool, hot tub and hot breakfast in the morning. The hot tub was on when
we got in BUT when it stopped the water was BROWN AND SMELLY. So we hurried to our room for a shower AND the tubwater came out BROWN ! The
suite was old and needed a good cleaning.... When we checked in we ask about the breakfast, and was told they served till 10:00am on sunday. Sunday morning we arrived in the dining room at 9:15am...the staff were putting everything away and were told (rudely) breakfast is over!! I quickly looked over the food ,canned peaches and canned cornedbeef hash!!, and decided to go out for breakfast. Wish we had stayed at Towneplace Suites or hilton's Homewood suites which is just a block away!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank RICKIE W

We really apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay, but appreciate you letting us know about it. The issue with the water might have been due to some work being done on the main water lines during your stay. We had informed all our guests in advance. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy our breakfast as there was some misunderstanding about the breakfast hours. Our Breakfast hours are from 6:30am to 8:30am weekdays and from 7:30am to 9:30am weekends. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Newark and of course with a much better experience.

Bali Kaur, AGM, Chase Suite Hotel Newark

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Everything to me would be great if it did not happen . This is the first time I came here and I thought I would not intend to come back. Customer service here really so bad compared to the imagination. I arrived on Friday ( 6/7) and stayed one night. I met two women who worked on that they. They was really nice to me and nothing to complain .
I told them I wanted to check out late in tomorrow. I need to take my friend to the airport at 4pm. I do not want to leave soon , so they agreed to give me an extension to 12:00 Pm
The weather is really hot outside , so I do not want to to drive at that time.
I actually cleaned the room and left everything out front early . Around 11 o'clock in noon , the cleanup automatically open my room. My friend have told her , we still have one more hours to check out , she just asked why ? and closed the door. But I do not understand why the receptionist called to me and said : " You have 10 more minutes to checkout if not we must charge you one more day." I have explained to her , i have told someone who work in yesterday about my problem and she said okay.
And then she told me " I don't know them . That our rule , no one accept checkout late . Just 11:00 Pm . If not we must charge you one more day! " Her name is Nancy .
Her words more or less made me feel uncomfortable . I can't keep calm by her attitude.
When I say I need to speak to her manager she said okay , they will come soon . But I met a girl , she is not the manager. She is just a co-worker with Nancy.
I told her what happened , but Nancy lied and said we wanted to stay to 2:00 Pm.
OMG !!! It makes me so furious to think about it!
I recommend Residence Marriot in Milpitas , it same with Chase suite hotel but the customer service is very good. It just 99 dollars , but can checkout late until 1:00 Pm , not deposits like 250 dollars. Breakfast , full kitchen and clean.
I will Never come back there . This is the first time and also the last time .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy_Sena
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed. I was concerned to hear about your experience with our hotel. We are in the business of serving guests and having them leave with a positive experience, not the opposite. Our departure time is at 11am, we are sorry we were not able to extend your departure more than an hour as we have to turn our rooms for new arrivals. Please accept our sincere apologizes.

Warm Regards, Bali Kaur, AGM, Chase Suite Hotel Newark

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Terrible place, donot stay here. Very dirty, smells bad, bad service. Worst place ever, price overcharged, worse then motel 6 . No garbage cans, broken sink and needs remodeling. Smells like a dead cat has died in this place. Front desk is terrible, they don't seem to care much, room service is very bad.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Manalata

Our goal is for every guest to have a great experience and we obviously missed that mark during your stay. We hope you will give us the opportunity to show you that we can do it right the next time you are in the Newark area.
Sincerely Bali Kaur, AGM Chase Suite Hotel-Newark

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This property offers nice and spacious living arrangements. We were two couples and we had plenty of room (one room with two queen size beds and one pull out sofa). The property has a lot of contracted workers so it may be noisy and you may encounter men particularly smoking everywhere. The breakfast is ok, nothing special. I would definitely recommend increasing the seating area at their breakfast room. The rooms desperately need some touch up as they need spot painting and dusting, particularly on the bathroom sink light. However, the sheets were clean and so was the bathroom. I would stay there again.

The property is located within walking distance of a small mall and only 3 miles away from a hue shopping center. Very convenient overall if you want to be in the southern part of Oakland/San Francisco area.

Room Tip: Upstairs would be better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank T1998
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guestrooms are very spacious and offer the perfect amount of space for families to spread out. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We hope to see in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stay here often with family and friends. The amenities are wonderful Don't know what we'd do without their help. We sometimes need multiple rooms and the staff do their best to keep us together We will return again and again.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites are well worth iy if you need the room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JennyDiva D

Thank you for your continued loyalty with Chase. We are happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2014

It is never fun traveling for work on a holiday. It is even worse to travel during Passover, because of the dietary constraints. Having a full kitchen made a big difference for my trip. The kitchen was well stocked with most of what you need to cook... but there were some odd things - there were measuring spoons, but not measuring cups, so I had to buy them. There is a dishwasher, so you would expect things to be clean, but I am glad that I had to wash everything anyway before I used it, because I did not feel comfortable with the cleanliness of things. There were no baking pans, and no oven mits, so I bought disposables, and improvised so I didn't burn myself. Plus, it is right next door to a huge farmer's market on Sundays. The bed was comfortable, and the internet was fast. At check in, it did take three tries to find a room I wanted. For the first floor rooms, the air conditioners are right outside the bedroom windows. I was eventually able to get settled in a room on the second floor, which was mostly quiet. I only ate breakfast the first morning and it was fine.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank psuahr
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel. We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. We appreciate your kind words about our kitchen and breakfast. That's all we work towards, and love to hear when we've reached our every day goal. Hope to see you soon when you're in the area again!

Warm Regards,
Asst. General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Aloft Silicon Valley
Aloft Silicon Valley
#3 of 9 in Newark
Comfort Inn and Suites Newark
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Newark? Share your experiences!